General News

Or a copycat of New Zealand. We just don’t know yet.

There are mixed reports about this. One source is saying multiple locations are shots fired at and another denies that.

2 Likes

Yeah, Sky News in the UK have mentioned the unconfirmed reports a few times but haven’t really given any source. A lot of unverified reports always during such events.

It has actually been pretty quiet regarding actual new developments for the last couple of hours. Probably because they are still searching for the shooter etc.

What’s interesting me is the lack of eye witness accounts.

There has been only one indeed. But I think our media at this point has a very ‘Dutch’ approach towards this. In stead of hunting for stories they might have thought let’s sit back for a minute and wait for the facts to surface.

7 Likes

There are witness accounts, they’re just not being published. Yet.

The police have said there was only one incident.

1 Like

Which is what I mean. On foreign stations we are often flooded with breaking news stories/eyewitness reports is my experience.

Would a copycat not shoot up a mosque instead of a tram?

We have had the massacre at Bataclan and other venues in Paris.

A tram doesn’t seem to be a logical spot for a right wing nationalist to shoot up?

In any case. Left right, atheist, muslim christian or jew. It doesn’t matter. It’s fucked up innocent people are dying because of indoctrinated brainwashed individuals.

Not per se imo. I would assume this is rather an implusive action based on what happened in New Zealand and I don’t expect this guy to carefully have sorted out his targets. But again this is speculation from my side if it’s a copycat.

It does to a lot of people though. Their opinion on this type of violence will be entirely down to the race/ethnicity of the victims/perpetrators.

1 Like

Slowly but surely eyewitness accounts are coming in, but mostly via local stations.

It so weird for this to happen here. We also have had our fair share of polarization. But usually Dutch people are so calm and collected :sweat_smile:.

Maybe I am stress because of work because for some reason, this news is making me sad.

When do we stop?

News of random shooting of innocent people makes you said for no explicable reason?

What a pussy.

According to Dutch national TV it is a 37 year old Turkish man, born in Turkey.

Erdogan has been antagonising and instigating violence against non-Muslims after the New Zealand incident. In general Erdogan has been calling Dutch government / Dutch Nazis. And is fuelling ethnic tension across European Turkish subjects. So, unfortunately really no surprise that this happens.

2 Likes

Turkey’s Erdogan has been notoriously fuelling the fans amongst his nationalist and religious supporters and today that paid off for him. A 37 year old Turkish man wounded 20+ people, so far 1 dead.

1 Like

You might be right.