General News

Haven’t India and Pakistan both got nukes pointed at each other?

1 Like

Biggest joke ever. Partition and conflict primarly based on the most trivial subject in human history; religion.

1 Like

Why would they? They are on the same side lol :wink:.

Pretty much done with having normal life disrupted over trivial nuisances and subsequent escalations.
Terror attacks won’t stop and retaliations won’t stop.

We really need to improve socio-economic conditions in Middle east, else the circle will never break.

On a side note, is anyone tracking news from Venezuela?

A tad simplistic. There are many reasons for this current skirmish. Not least because certain leaders are conscious of elections to win.

At the end of the day it’s religion based violence.

Not really

Always tense between India nd Pakistan.

1 Like

Those reasons would mean a lot less if there wasn’t a fundamental Islamic vs Hindu/Sikh divide.

Think Islamic Vs Hindu Vs Sikh divide is more accurate.

Religion is a major factor, but there are also other major factors involved too. Nationalism, territorial disputes etc etc.

Otherwise, Muslim Indians would be on Pakistan’s side instead of with India. This is what I mean by simplistic analysis.

1 Like

And where does that nationalism and the territorial disputes originate from? Jinnah and the Muslim League wanting an Islamic country…

Are they 100% with India?

Yes. Many of the Indian media personalities, celebrities etc cheering this action are Muslim. Muslim Indians are pretty patriotic and can just as easily be anti Pakistan as Hindus.

Look if you can’t recognise there may be other things at play there isn’t any point in discussing it further.

Anyways.

1 Like

Lol. That’s why sometimes religious riots concur indeed.

Ah. Ninja edit.

Yeah sorry wanted to add a bit more

1 Like

You dispute that the whole 1947 partition, and what the struggles today are a consequence of, doesn’t have religious origins? F.e. the whole Kashmir conflict started in 1947 if I’m not mistaken.

No. I’m saying there’s also other factors at play.

The partition and all that is the source of some base animosity. But the current stuff also has geostrategic, territorial, nationalistic and political factors.

Anyways, looks like sanity is prevailing again.

Do you guys still think there is a Hindu Sikh divide?

Could you agree, that especially the first three, are a (direct) consequence of partition? Since without partition there is no Pakistan and India.

@Trion I personally don’t. Or a lot less at least. But fair to say that '84 stays always around or no?

Yes, still exists

Hmm it seems the outsiders are more keen about it than us Indians.
I wasn’t even aware of the conflict until Mo here emphasised about here, it is that meh of an issue here.

You will get many segment not in love with Muslims but I bet my house you won’t find any anymosity towards Sikhs.

2 Likes