General News

The main agitators that were arrested by the police (in Minesotta) were not even really there for the protests. They are bad eggs that are using the cover of the masses to commit crimes, its not the actual ppl there for the cause in fairness. Its sad that the media jumps on that, but they like the ratings.

1 Like

Some of the footage is pretty shocking. This is so sad.

1 Like

Watching Snapchats from Chicago and seeing all the looting going on, it’s a fucking disgrace. Absolutely nothing political about it, it’s just a load opportunism.

Looting Macy’s, Burberry and Nike is one thing (which all happened) but I have no idea how looting small, independent beauty stores and convenience stores etc. is any kind of “railing against oppressive capitalism and systemic racism”, it’s just not.

Fucking ridiculous.

Nothing is going to change because people won’t be able to see past this behaviour.

2 Likes

Blah blah blah.
If there is one post about looting, there are two post about how looting takes the focus away.

You guys are part of the problem if you think discussion on looting is taking focus away from the issue.

If you guys want to discuss systematic racism and how it lead to that, discuss it. We all are capable to have two discussion at a time.

What are the police doing?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Space Thread

Which problem is that?

The one thing I hate is when people use words like systematic and institutional racism. You can label any slight against a none white person with those labels it’s ridiculous. Black Americans complain about whites but then ask whites to fix they problem it’s a fucking joke. Looting and burning down your neighborhood is for the memory of a guy who just died is stupid. It infuriates me that black people can get they act together and use self determination a fix they communities. The white Jewish populous, Chinese, Indians and the Italians have done it yet black Americans are looking out for hand outs from those they say hate them. Crying all day about brings victims will not sort anything nor will fucking up you community and those justifying it are not think of the bigger wider implications just being emotive as usual.

1 Like

On discussing the real issue or taking focus away from it.

Either way its been proven that the Police orchestrated the looting so fck that thought process !?

I wanted to query as to how come white Americans don’t go so hard on other minorities.
If they are truly racist and white supremacist, they would oppress other races as well.

If you ever listen to a racist American, or any racist really, you’d see very quickly that their ire isn’t restricted to the black man. They appear just as afraid of hispanic and asian people.

I don’t see how that makes sense but no worries, thanks for replying, was asking as I didn’t understand, not so I can argue with you.

Here is a perfect example of your lack of knowledge. And that is ok because at this point people with your predisposition to ignore and obfuscate are no longer relevant to the conversation (outside of this board). You say people shouldn’t riot but you don’t offer an alternative. You brow beat protestors without any moral legs to stand on.

1 Like

I am sure they do but I don’t see many Asians speaking of being frisked unfairly, or being reported for suspicious activity just standing on the streets, You don’t see any Asian being gunned down etc etc.

What?

I didn’t say anything against rioting, I am opposing looting private businesses.

So what is it you’re suggesting? Stop skirting around it and just say what you feel.

I am just curious.
Maybe Asians are only confined to certain localities like Leicester in UK so they don’t get subjected to as much.
Maybe demograph of Asian is mostly middle class & above. etc etc.

Surely there has to be some logical reason

There will be a lot of contributory factors as to why certain groups get treated worse than others, for sure.

But a racist doesn’t necessarily dislike, mistrust or mistreat all races differently. You don’t have to hate everyone equally to qualify as being a “true racist”.

Be honest, are you looking for someone to tell you what black people did to bring it on themselves? Lol. Cos I don’t understand what you are really looking for here, why on earth are you seeking “logical reasons” to explain the racism black people face in the States?

3 Likes

Nah I wasn’t going there. We had this discussion before where we pretty much agreed that socio economic situation of black community & their history as slaves put them into a certain direct conflicts with white population.

Question is how do other minorities manage to navigate the same systematic racism that black community endures and can it not be replicated with black community?

1 Like

Ok, without criticism here—I think your basing what you’re seeing in the U.S. through a media filter and then filtering that through your lived experiences in the UK.

Take into consideration the following:

• prisons that make money from increased incarceration of black people
  • judges, legislators profiting from incarcerating more black people—look up Judge Mark Ciavvarella
  • zoning laws that limited the right of black people to own property
  • voter suppression—look up gerrymandering and voter ID laws

That’s not even going into the history of enslavement, share cropping, jim crow, segregation, assassinations, CIA drug trafficking (confirmed by Regan himself) etc, etc.

If you’re truly interested in understanding the plight of black people in the US you should spend some time seriously educating yourself.

4 Likes