The former Arsenal players/youths thread

Couldn’t find a good place to post this so thought this thread might be useful for when we come across stories or what have you about former players.

I’ve never heard O’Leary say a bad word against Arsenal. He doesn’t say much at all really, gives very few interviews. He’s an Arsenal legend for me, his appearance record is extremely unlikely to ever be beaten.

Some Leeds stuff in here towards the end of course as well as some Irish stuff but a good read all the same.

2 Likes

I’m surprised he isn’t ever considered for premiership managerial positions any more, considering what he did with Leeds and Villa (and especially after seeing what happened to those clubs after he’d left!)

Instead, we get the same old duff of Allardyce, Pardew and Hughes on the merry go round

He actually says in the article he’s never had an agent so his name probably doesn’t get put forward but also that he’s had some offers too which weren’t right…probably meaning outside the PL.

Like you say his record number of games is unlikelt to be bettered and id put him up for a future statue myself. Great player and wore the shirt with true Arsenal class.

1 Like

Would walk into this team

2 Likes

There’s no way Denilson said “sod it”

3 Likes

Any of our Dutch bros know if he’s any good.

He’s OK. Very quick winger with an eye for goal. Might just be past his best now, though

5 Likes

At this point I consider him a former Arsenal player.

5 Likes

I remember having high hopes for this guy :grin:

Saw him play a few times when he was at QPR and could tell he had come through the Arsenal youth system of that time period.

1 Like

You’re really taking the biscuit now, lol.

5 Likes

Yea he never actually played for us therefore not a former Gunner. I’m merging this somewhere.

Cool

@Mr_Nostalgia for future reference.

this thread is a great idea for all these pointless ex players threads I see

I read Salomon Kalou for a sec. :rofl:

1 Like