UEFA Europa League

What dickhead decided to make that even worse.

1 Like

You really did your homework on this pre season didnā€™t you.
Remember you looking into. Good stuff.

Side note here I actually think this competition will become a half decent trophy for certain clubs.
Further you go think certain clubs would take it. Being honest if I was a spurs fan Iā€™d have it.
I think if you separate what opposition fans think and just concentrate on your own journey you can get something out of it.
As a one off obviously. Doubt many agree but itā€™s just my opinion.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s an excellent idea and also improved the quality of the Europa League infinitely. Much less shit it in now and the Conference League looks like a decent competition for a certain level of team now. Not a bad idea from UEFA

1 Like

Iā€™m not convinced, given how loads of fairly shitty clubs treat the league and FA Cups as entirely secondary considerations to the league. The league is where the money is, when you have sides with no pedigree of winning titles in their history putting out reserve sides in domestic cup competitions because itā€™s irrelevant next to being in the top flight, Iā€™m not sure I can see a third tier European competition ever meaning much to anyone. Suspect itā€™ll always be a competition that top flight sides see as a pain in the arse. I doubt thereā€™s any money in the Europa Conference in terms of telly rights of prize money, and being brand new, it has zero prestige or history to back it up.

I think its a massive uphill struggle for this competition to ever have any significance, personally.

1 Like

Tbf there all good points. So looking from it from English POV I think a team around the size of Villa, Leeds, Everton could find it a viable competition.
I was actually thinking last night as well as they are doing would West Ham rather be in this. They would have had a great chance.
Doubt anyone sacrifices a top 4 shot at it but I think it has room for scope. Your overall post though does highlight questions to be answered.

Just to put a different slant on it too, doing well in this competition would be incredible for a club like Shamrock Rovers. Arsenal should never be too interested in it but I definitely see how it has a place.

2 Likes

Yeah tbh in the washup I think itā€™s a decent idea from UEFA also the new formats.

Important game for Leicester tonight against Legia, probably Rodgers job too while at it.

1 Like

The Foxes are away at Napoli on the final matchday also arenā€™t they ?

1 Like

Correct Aussie

1-0 Leicester, Daka.

Edit: 2-0

2-1, some goals in this. Nice.

3-1, even more goals.

A nice goal by Isak, great pace and composed chip in the end. Vintage Auba goal.

:eyes:

1 Like

good action in this game tbh, goals and chances galore lol

1 Like

Monaco in a very attacking mood. They just keep going forward as if theyā€™re losing. Great to watch.
Leaves a lot of space for Sociedad to counter, thatā€™s how they scored in the end.

Isak just had a good move on the break a few minutes ago, the finish wasnā€™t great though.

Gutted Celtic went out but give a good account of themselves.
Slow and poor start in the group cost them though. Conference League could be a good ride if they get in here.

Messing up that first tie vs Betis did them in. Leverkusen just a better side.

1 Like

Late winner today after being 2 1 up. Yeah been a poor campaign. Teams a bit better now than the start of the season.
Conference League is a better level for them in reality.

Mad, Leicester bottom of their group at the beginning of the night and now theyā€™re top :joy:

1 Like

Will still need to avoid defeat at Napoli to progress I think, so I think itā€™s on a knifes edge.

1 Like