UEFA Europa League

Starting to get anxious about this now, Napoli’s home form is currently amongst the best in Europe. Over 20 shots per home game with 7 being on target, best home offensive record in Serie A too.

Our away performance needs to be a masterclass lol

I think this is this will be the tie that reminds everybody we have a squad of bums who aren’t cut out for the CL next season and drastic measures are needed

4 Likes

Pretty much yep… will be big test. Hopefully Emery does his tactical job and players like Xhaka don’t xhakalimity.

1 Like

Let’s do them at the Emirates, then :kroenke:

Liverpool and City beat us comfortably. But at Stamford Bridge we were at least on par performance-wise. Draws against Spurs and United which is fair enough we got eight points out of the four ties against them. With Bate and Rennes we probably underestimated them at their place. I think people overreact a bit how bad it is away from home in the games that matter.

Like I said if we could get a draw with goals we probably progress (I assume we will not lose at Emirates). We don’t even need to win at San Paolo.

We need to win at least 2-0 at the Emirates not to risk in the second leg.

Any win at home with a clean sheet will give us a reasonable chance of progression, Napoli is a very tough place to go but if we put ourselves in that position heading into the 2nd leg I don’t complain, even if it’s a 1-0 win at home.

2 Likes

Well yeah, must not concede at home.

1 Like

Santi just scored for Villarreal! :wenger2:

Ah man it’s meant to be to face them in the semi

6 Likes

Is it just me or are these fckn commentators tempting fate with their shite analysis, all of a sudden we are playing like Barca !?

SANTIIIII

Isn’t Villareal v Valencia a derby?

Derbi de la Comunitat according to BT

There’s a place called something like that near Leicester and Nottingham.

Villarreal go 1-2 down :santi:

Just realized the final is on my birthday.

Oh we have to win the thing now

1 Like

There has been PL CL or EL game on every day since the 8th April untill it ends tonight haha. Been a great 10 days of football. Lets end it with getting to the final tonight.

2 Likes

Good point man, this past week or so is probably the most football I’ve watched in such a period since the World Cup last summer. 9 matches for me I think: three Arsenal matches, 4 CL matches, Man U v West Ham and Liverpool v Chelsea.

1 Like

It’s not inconceivable that we could win the Europa League and spurs win the CL.
Imagine the headlines: North London Are The Pride Of Europe.

Likewise. I am surprised my girlfriend hasn’t kicked me out yet.

3 Likes

The other way around: Arse CL, Scum EL would be tolerable, but not now :frowning:

2 Likes