UEFA Europa League

Didn’t put too much thought into it. Its just something I’ve always wondered.

I’ll just ask Google next time since they don’t judge :wink::eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, I know, just being a prick cos I saw the opportunity lol

1 Like

Don’t worry @Calum.

1 Like

@Luca_from_Italy says Italian teams don’t care about the Europa League and we know that Emery does, so I’m going to assume we’ll be fine.

Well, Inter went out :poldi:

This is where Emery has to prepare the team properly using the benefit of his experience.

The away leg is a worry with this squad. They’ve had two poor away legs against crap opposition already

13 Likes

Same reason as our preferred name(s) for Tottenham, like cunts, pricks. You get the idea.

Not happy with this tie. Napoli really should have qualified for yhe R16 in the CL. Managed games were they out played both Liverpool and PSG.
Came up short on being wasteful twice against the french and a bad draw in Belgrade. Outplayed Liverpool in Naples in a big way more than the late goal suggests.
A win at home is essential here and we have to try and show a big level of maturity and discipline.
The away game is a worry because im just not sure we have the in game management skills to get this done.
Im hopeful but not expectant but the club needs a win here and I do think it will be a very significant tie toward judging our season overall.

2 Likes

Massive, massive worry.

I get that Napoli aren’t the side they were in the past, and it’s right that we feel heartened by that. But we have been beaten away from home by distinctly average sides, Napoli in their current iteration are still better than those sides.

We need to do very well in the first leg to insulate ourselves from the evidently possible bad result we may well face in the second leg in Italy.

6 Likes

I remember the previous time we played them away, the standard Arsenal Matchday 6 away defeat just before Christmas, altho for this one we actually took quite a strong team out there for once despite having already qualified. Arteta got sent off.

It was generally quite an unpleasant away trip with a pretty nasty atmosphere and one I’m glad I’m not repeating this time. I think we’ll lose away in all honesty, so this time it’s our turn to win the home leg convincingly and then not do what Rennes did

Definitely a big worry, besides the performances, we’ve shown no tenacity away when we fall behind to get back into the match, capitulation is a massive massive concern if we find ourselves on the wrong side of a scoreline in the 2nd Leg. I think this is what people were getting at with the Rennes match about the 10 men.

1 Like

Word has it Insigne might be out. That will help.

1 Like

You would think that.
Most likely Google has categorized everyone of us. I am probably in the segments of ‘watches weird videos’
Doesn’t know the spelling of ‘intermittently’

3 Likes

Mine is “probably born in the 1930s.”

1 Like

There was a time when you WAS the time traveler though tbf.

3 Likes

We need a victory at home without conceding, if we do that we’ll give ourselves every chance of qualification for the Semi Finals.

1 Like

I’m quite perplexed as to how some people are writing off Napoli. People would do well to remember this team outplayed Liverpool, PSG and only failed to qualify because of a stupid draw against Red Star in their first game. They’re managed by a giant in the European game and have some really good players in their squad.

They’re more likely to perform better in Europe under Ancelotti than they ever would have under Sarri.

Tough tough tie and one I’m really looking forward to.

It’s also worth noting that Napoli aren’t in the race for the Scudetto so winning this trophy is important for them.

7 Likes

Good point about their domestic proposition @SRCJJ they’ll be investing a lot of time and energy into this.

Not having a great season, tbh. He is a bit of hit and miss.

They lost 3-1 to Salzburg so they definitely have their problems too. It’s gonna be a single goal that ends up deciding it. Vital we don’t concede in the home leg. That’s what undone us against Madrid last season ultimately.

1 Like