UEFA Europa League

Of course they’ve lost to weaker opposition. But I think it’s rare for them to lose over two legs to weaker opposition.

Man U are a collection of extremely expensive players but I still wouldn’t trust them to beat a Barcelona team that has Messi.

They were knocked out by Roma last year. Rare or not, it happens – and that is all I am saying. Barcelona will be favourites and yeah probably will go through, but Man United won’t be a walkover IMO and have a chance. It’s not on the same level as Liverpool v Porto.

1 Like

We can do this against Napoli so long as we take both legs seriously…common you Gunners

Napoli already huh? No problem.

The bracket is more concerning tbh, we got Valencia/Villarreal after. Oh well time to end some hopes and dreams :unai:

The bookies have them as favourites to qualify.

The second leg being away has given them the advantage

Just saw the draw.

So we get Napoli and Chelsea get Slavia Prague.

Who could’ve seen this coming :santi:

1 Like

Chelsea are laughing - their 2 main rivals for the competition are drawn against each other.

4 Likes

I wonder if that would have still been the case, had we played the last leg at home. We’re clear favourites to win the first leg.

That being said, I expect us to get through, if we don’t play with Mustafi, Maintland-Niles, and other liabilities.

Hope by the time we play Napoli, our top 4 / 3 position is a bit more secure. Puts a lot less pressure on the tie.

1 Like

Agent David

3 Likes

He knows what to do :xhaka2:

2 Likes

Would love for Spurs or United to suffer this :kroenke:

Should win against both Newcastle and Everton so we should overtake Spurs.

That’s the type of thing Wenger would just have signed off on but if Emery thinks it will weaken them slightly I expect he’ll block it.

3 Likes

They are still seething for their loss against us. They think we stand no chance against pizza boys :xhaka:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/europa-league-2018-19-chelsea-get-easy-route-to-the-final.441635/page-27

Where else did you expect it to be? :yum:

1 Like

Why are Napoli called Napoli and not Naples @Luca_from_Italy ?

Seriously? What do you think Naples is called in Italian :joy:?

4 Likes

I meant because we were originally meant to have the second leg at home haha

1 Like

Napoli, or as it’s otherwise known, Maradona United.