UEFA Europa League

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stop lying :henry2: :arteta:

1 Like

So 2021/2022 is the first season of this competition I assume ? Hopefully itā€™s never relevant to us.

Really donā€™t think I could take another season in this haha.

Was happy being in this last season for the novelty and the fact Wenger was embarrassing us in the CL. But I really want us back in the CL haha jealous watching Liverpool and the scum going through to the knockouts again

6 Likes

So it seems Napoli are the main threat from those that dropped down. Much nicer proposition compared to last season.

2 Likes

Whilst they are having a very solid season in the Serie A I think we are favorites against them. The only team whom against we arenā€™t is Chelsea in my opinion. Seeing how their season is developing that match-up should be more 50/50 than I thought at the beginning of the season anyway.

2 Likes

I think us vs Napoli would be a legit 50-50, I agree that the top 3 favs are Chelsea, Arsenal/ Napoli.

Whilst Napoli deserves a lot of credit for their consistent top three finishes in Serie A, especially looking at where they came from, they never really impress as a team to be fearful of in Europe. They just lack quality or something like that when it comes down to it. Of course now with Ancelotti he might be able to put everything together, but Iā€™m not so sure thatā€™s a team we shouldnā€™t win from.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve got a stronger defence and midfield though thatā€™s for sure. And if Meret is half the keeper heā€™s supposed to be (weā€™ll see about that) then theyā€™ve probably got a better stopper than Leno too.

But the midfield of Fabian, Allan, Diawara, Zielinski, Rog is a very strong midfield and the wide men Insigne and Callejon (if Napoli decide to revert to 4-3-3) are a strong set of wide men to have. Plus defensively Koulibaly is considerably better than any defender we have and the full backs are strong options too.

2 Likes

If we would break it down player for player a lot might go their way indeed. But I donā€™t feel like they reach(ed) a level as a team of which we should be fearful of, not on an European level at least. But like I said this is where Ancelotti comes it. Maybe he is the one to turn that around for them.

I think, at this moment in time, he is better than any defender anyone has!

But yeah, agree with what you said. We canā€™t write them off.

1 Like

Got the Rangers game on the TV in the background, that seems to be one of the current games of importance.

Giroud just scored a great free kick for Chelsea haha

@Phoebica :wink:

2 Likes

See, his locker is so big. He can do anything :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Not only his locker, amirite :ramsey: :henry2:

AC Milan losing 3-1 to Olympiakos :arteta:

2 Likes

Milan are out?? :fearful:

1 Like

Milan & Leipzig bottlers

1 Like

Lmao, always enjoy laughing at Milan. Used to listen to a Podcast called Beyond the Pitch and one of the hosts was a big time Milan supporter. He always came off as an arrogant dickweasel and never missed an opportunity to dunk on Arsenal.

1 Like

Milan smh

Who we can get in the draw

Please not some fucking place that is -18 and snowing thatā€™s all I ask.

Weā€™ve not played Olympiacos in a while :joy::eyes:

2 Likes