The Environment

I forgot about that :joy:

Look at us having our pre pandemic fun

1 Like

Maybe now that itā€™s happening in their back yard, these awful news organisations wise up and take this threat seriously.

And stop bringing climate change deniers on with the same respect they give experts on the subject.

1 Like

All about President and PMs not arsed because they are only in for a few years.
No kick back or short term or personal gain either.
Legacy of decency and addressing the seriousness is just portrayed as draconian. Them airways improved through covid but we donā€™t report that in any depth.

2 Likes

Good lord youā€™d think that hurricanes are new, it happened every year if they arenā€™t things in place to protect where you live! Then ask question what are the government up to?

1 Like

Iā€™ve read so many articles, opinion pieces, op-eds, whatever the fuck over the last couple of weeks. Targets for 30 years down the line and basically zero progress worldwide since the Paris accords were signed.

Are any of us really drastically changing our behaviours? Why are we letting billionaire cunts build rocket ships? Why not just ban any further production of the internal combustion engine and prop up the industries around what that would mean.

I donā€™t think anyone knows the answer. I donā€™t think 1.5 degrees can be avoided and maybe when we get there it wonā€™t even be too bad for most of us so weā€™ll just carry on anyway.

Not criticising or having a pop at anyone, I canā€™t really from my comfortable middle class life where I think nothing of spending 130 quid on a pair of running shoesā€¦I just wish the leaders were really leading on this.

2 Likes

According to this (very recent) NYT article that is not true. Yes, There Has Been Progress on Climate. No, Itā€™s Not Nearly Enough. - The New York Times

Billionaire cunts building rocket ships isnā€™t the problem. If anything, it might be a solution. One of those cunts Elon Musk is also actively trying to reduce carbon emissions from cars, which is the 2nd largest contributor to pollution (after energy consumption). Carbon Intensive Industries - The Industry Sectors That Emit The Most Carbon - Eco Warrior Princess

Yes, we all heard about how terrible the production of batteries are for the environment. However, there is active research being done in making the mining of rare metals, manufacaturing of the batteries greener and ecofriendlier, with every passing year improvements being made and damage to the environment being reduced. ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle production and reducing pollution is at a stand still.

Besides that, Tesla in particular are also providing more and more efficient solar panels with each passing year, through the company Solar City. It is actively working on a robot taxi fleet, aiming to reduce the amount of cars owned by individual city dwellers especially.

Nobody perhaps knows the precise answer, but there are droves of very intelligent, highly motivated people working around the clock to try and make this world a better place, while you and I can keep spending 130 quid on a pair of sneakers.

There are enormous steps being taken and made and I hope we continue on this path towards a less polluted and greener world. Despite the constraints of world politics (ideological, economical, cultural, etc.) hampering the process here and there. I believe that we can do it and that we are doing it. As best as we possibly can.

1 Like

How many cars does he need?!

Why?

2 Likes

Going for a tour of the Tennents brewery probably.

8 Likes

Itā€™s probably a cover-up, heā€™s dropping by Dingwall to watch Ross County play Hibernian tonight.

3 Likes

Donā€™t blame him then tbf

4 Likes

I now suddenly want to visit Scotland for the first time in my life

1 Like

He canā€™t afford it.
Iā€™ve heard that Ross County charge as much as Ā£4.95 for a luxury VIP box to watch their games and it costs even more if you want to use the kettle. :grinning:

yikes. Well I heard they charge Ā£5 for a banger at the Emirates nowadays so I guess he wonā€™t be coming over for our game against Watford either, sorry Phoebs

Hope he didnā€™t go now :eyes:

Ah Rossā€™ County :joy:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Meanwhile we will just be told to wash more yoghurt pots

3 Likes

@Electrifying at this rate you will be soon labeled a Russian asset by all the MSM :wenger:

Keep calling their hypocrisy out mate. :beers:

2 Likes

Is this a joke? They are calculating emissions by consumptionā€¦ I wonder if building a couple of hundred coal plants compares to me having a tv and buying shit for my home.