The Emirates XI (2006-2016)

I picked them bothšŸ˜œ

1 Like
                         Cech

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal

Arteta - Fabregas

Hleb            Ozil            Sanchez

RVP

Tough one between Hleb/Rosicky/Walcott, ruled out Walcott on the basis heā€™s just not as talented as the other two, then between Hleb itā€™s depending on whether you want the best team on the day (Hleb) or go with the player who contributed more during the Emirates era (Rosicky).

Arteta over Santi because cā€™mon, a FĆ”bregas-Cazorla midfield is just not realistic.

1 Like

Cech

Sagna Koscielny Mertesacker Monreal

Cazorla Ɩzil Fabregas

Alexis van Persie Walcott

Only one I struggled with was between Gibbs and Monreal

Great thread @SRCJJ!

1 Like

Is it possible to get a cheeky poll in to develop the definitive OA Emirates XI?!

The ā€˜best Emirates XIā€™

Lehmann

Sagna Koscielny Toure Monreal

Arteta Cesc

Arshavin Ozil Sanchez

RVP

The definitive Emirates XI:

Almunia

Eboue Gallas Senderos Clichy

Diaby Denilson Song

Bendtner Adebayor Walcott

EDIT: FFS @gunnerpr

1 Like

Cech
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Arteta Fabregas
Nasri Ozil Alexis
Van Persie

1 Like

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Fabregas Diaby
Nasri Ozil Alexis
RVP

Coquelin has been included because Fabregas and Ozil are just beyond lightweight, anything remotely resembling Arteta or Cazorla there would be far too static and easily bypassed.

Bearded Henry is on the subs bench. Because, obvious reasons.

1 Like

Very surprised people are picking Mad Jens! He only was the #1 for the first season.

Alumina, Szczesny and Cech are the Emirates keepers imo

Lehmann didnt leave until 2008 and he came back to play in 2011, to play against Blackpool in the premā€¦plus hes madā€¦All teams need a mad keeper.

1 Like

ā€¦Cech
Bellerinā€¦Kosceilnyā€¦Mustafiā€¦Monreal
ā€¦Fabregasā€¦Diaby*
ā€¦Ozil
Alexisā€¦Henry**
ā€¦RVP

• Cazorla is better but defensively and hpysically Caz/Cesc/Ozil wouldnā€™t work. Arteta has also always been too slow. Diaby is technically very good and a real athlete who can drive the ball up the field.
    ** Maybe too little pace to play wing well at this stage but RVP+Henry is too sexy to not give it a go.
1 Like

For those picking balanced squads, the idea is just to pick the 11 best players per position irrespective of lack of balance.

1 Like
                                      Cech
                                 Fabregas Cazorla
                                 Alexis Oezil Nasri
                                     van Persie
1 Like

OMFG DIABY. Bye Coquelin. goes to edit earlier post

Edit: @srcjj might as well close the thread pal. I won. :smile:

1 Like

Cech
Fabregas Cazorla
Hleb Ozil Alexis
van Persie

Pretty straightforward really I reckon if you decide not to include players like Henry who for me arenā€™t really a part of the new stadium era.

The only big question for me was between Hleb and Nasri. @SRCJJ I know you said to just pick the best XI players but Iā€™ve often thought that Hleb is exactly the kind of player we could do with now so I just couldnā€™t resist the idea of seeing him on the same team sheet as Mesut and Alexis. Whether he was a better player than Nasri is a pretty tough call for me

1 Like

Diaby would be the first name on the teamsheet if he were ever fit for long enough during this period. Alasā€¦ :confused:

@SRCJJ Even with that qualification I still think FĆ”bregas-Cazorla is unpickable, neither FĆ”bregas or Cazorla ever played as a 6 here or in a pivot without a different type of player alongside, thus I donā€™t really consider it fair to consider them for that position, the other position in the pivot is between them for me, and itā€™s gotta be FĆ”bregas for just how influential he was during his time here. Tbh I could see an Arteta-Cazorla-FĆ”bregas midfield 3, surprised no oneā€™s picked that, can make a good case for that, but couldnā€™t leave my man Mesut out.

1 Like

Arteta and Fabregas would get ruined on defense imo. Arteta deeper never really did anything brilliant imo. Certainly not enough to warrant being picked over anyone but maybe Flamini.

Granted @SRCJJ said its not about balance but still.

1 Like

Yeah, well, but then youā€™ve always been quite wrong about Arteta, pal. Call it the other side of the coin of your current opinion on Coquelin.

[quote]Cech
Sagna - Koscielny - Toure - Clichy
Ozil - Fabregas - Song - Hleb
Alexis - van Persie[/quote]

I had too pick the 4-4-2.

1 Like

---------------Cech--------------------------
Lauren - Kos - Campbell - Bellerin
------------Santi - Cesc-------------------
-----Ljungberg - Ozil - Sanchez-----
------------------Henry----------------------

1 Like

Lauren hasnā€™t played for Arsenal in the Emirates if Iā€™m not mistaken :wink:.