UEFA Champions League

Some impressive pressing in that first half from both teams. Made all the players in possession look nervous and frantic.

Expect it to calm down a notch in the second. Liverpool probably disappointed their late first half pressure didn’t result in a goal.

No, just Lyon.

1 Like

Good as think everyone on here is watching Liverpool haha you can keep us up to date

1 Like

Yet we keep Iwobi and give him the starts/minutes that more than he deserved.

The Gnabry hype is laughable. You’d have thought we’d have let go of the next Messi.

3 Likes

I’ve got the barca lyon game on my laptop and liverpool on the tv. @Luca_from_Italy better be proud of me

3 Likes

Considering our wide options he’d be like Messi in this team :santi:

2 Likes

Luca would have QPR-WBA on his phone. :laca:

2 Likes

“Always a surprise to see someone like Suele try and play it out smart from the back. Just knock it long to Lewandowski”

Pep’s crying.

Lol! That’s too much. Just checking the score for that game.

2 Likes

If we had at least one decent winger right now, we’d not give a shit about Gnabry.

Because we’ve been starved of natural wide players since we let a trio of Walcott, Chambo and Sanchez leave within a year of each other, it’s made us think of Gnabry and what a ‘mistake’ it was.

The kid didnt wanna stay end of. Arsenal fans need to get over it. He’s not even that great ffs.

1 Like

Haha I’m just messing man.

It’s true if we had just one of the various young wide players knocking about it wouldn’t even be a talking point.

1 Like

Oh Depay! So close.

Completely agree, Gnabry and Coman have been shite all game so far imo. Sure they have big shoes to fill but they’ve honestly been Iwobis (as of late) in the first half

1 Like

Barca do not play good football at all.

It’s all so individualistic, Messi is being wasted under this scrub Valverde.

2 Likes

The point is buying a player of comparable potential costs £30m+. But we had one sitting in our reserves who we ended up mismanaging to the point he left for peanuts. And now that same player is starting for Bayern Munich in a huge Champions League tie.

We can’t afford to let players like that go. It hurts because I seriously doubt our ability to scout and buy a player in his position. I would be astounded if we bought a player in his position and age this summer - no faith in our hierarchy to get the right players in. Gnabry would have done a very good job for us, certainly better than the dross we have on our wings right now.

2 Likes

Bayern midfield hasn’t stepped up. Can see why people don’t rate James

Lyon still going strong and full of energy. Let’s see if they can last.

Think at some point Suarez needs to come off and bring Malcom on with Messi closer to goal as false #9

He’s not the same player where he can’t be subbed off.

1 Like

Really cant see what Gnabry brings- he plays very similarly to Oxlade-Chamberlain and even he was surplus to requirements here