UEFA Champions League

No he did not push anyone. He was standing with his back in front of Courtois

Courtois could have gone backwards to try and save the ball. Courtois also didn’t complain.

This is Madrid getting favourable calls as usual.

How? The player who was 'interfering was onside with the initial head and moving back into an onside position just like the ‘goal scorer’. So he was onside with the initial play. By the time the second header is made for the ‘goal’ a defender is playing him onside, so it’s not just the GK. And he was just standing there, not pushing. If it were clear the ref would’ve been given the decision from the VAR gods. Instead, it wasn’t clear and they put in the hands of a ref who already let quite a few fouls goal.

I think the BT pundits are hyping Sancho just a tad too much…

@k1tsun3 no the defender does not play him onside, look at it again, he is actually infront of the defender (but not Courtois).

@Forever no he blocks him. I mean, he does push his body into him. It is clearly interefering with him.

No, if you have watched Dortmund this season he looks fucking good. He is the real deal.

It happens all the time, he is in front of the keeper, so are players in any other game with corners and other scrambles inside the box. Usually you don’t see a goal disallowed for standing where you are standing? Come on man. Real need help from refs against Ajax. Pretty fucking sad.

Not by the time the ball is played. Both he and the player heading the ball were beyond the keep and coming back into play to play that ball. Watch it in slow motion and you’ll see that by the time contact is made, there is a defender level with ‘interfering’ player.

No I agree with you on that, but the ref did give the goal :smiley:

Ah the old FM first option clause :smile:

Wenga giving Pocho sticks :kos2:

1 Like

No, the guy playing the ball is clearly onside, but the guy up in Courtois’ face is not onside, he is not played onside by a defender, he is marginally infront of him. Now, had he not interfered with Courtois at all there and considered as not partaking the goal would’ve stood. Had he been behind the defender the goal would’ve stood. But the fact taht he is marginally offside (in front of the defender) when the header is made and interfers with Courtois ever so slightly, makes it offside.

To make it clear by now I am just arguing the general rule, I do not argue against the idea that a normal ref without VAR would’ve given this (as the ref just did) and a bias might play in etc.

I really wish these refs also explained the decision to the everyone like the do in other sports.

I love listening to Wenger as a pundit.

5 Likes

I hate this cunt

1 Like

Still don’t see it as interfering. Courtois moves into him, not the other way around. But the gk will always be giving the benefit of the doubt. It’s bullshit.

1 Like

ffs Son :unamused:

JUST INJURY HIM FFS! FUCKING CUNT!

https://cdnja.r.worldssl.net/mp4/3q/3Qn7.mp4

Tbh I think he’s worth the hype, even though he’s English :laughing:

He’s now joined Alli and mouthy as my most hated

2 Likes

FUCKING HELL. Those fucking pricks. :expressionless: