Boxing

GGG is shot. In saying that I still had him winning that in a close but clear decision.

Yeah I found that bizarre too. But not surprising given it was clear from the get go that Golden Boy cooked the entire event in their favour.

From having their man walk out second to having their man win a decision in a fight he simply didn’t do enough in to win.

I do agree with @CliftonGeraldi though. GGG is definitely on the slide and that’s been evident for a couple of years now.

I remember when people wanted this fight back in 15/16 and we always knew Golden Boy would wait until GGG started to slide before giving him to Canelo and that’s what happened.

Either way I feel for GGG as these are career defining fights and he’s been robbed of that career defining win.

3 Likes

Twice. I had him winning both fights.

2 Likes

Yep. I had him winning both fights 8-4 so to see him get robbed of that is a huge shame.

1 Like

Canelo actually was closer in this fight than the first. I was upset for GGG he got robbed. That’s the main thing that sucks about boxing. Ppl can dodge fights all they want until a fighter starts to decline. Hypothetically if Canelo and GGG were both age 28, Canelo is getting flat out destroyed imo.

1 Like

I do like boxing but this is why I could never love it in the same way I do football. In comparison it is far more susceptible to corruption, and there are so many more cases of corruption.

I can’t truly get invested in something that is so often bent.

3 Likes

I’m with you guys for this one, I had GGG winning 116-112 that was a disgraceful decision.

How can you look at those final rounds and give it to Canelo. It was even until Canelo started getting gassed again.

Though I have to say, those final rounds were brilliant, I wouldn’t be mad at a trilogy fight.

Maybe hand GGG a win this time, he fucking deserves one.

Edit: https://www.allthebestfights.com/canelo-vs-golovkin-vs-alvarez-2-full-fight-video-pelea-2018/

Just seen the fight and verdict.

Boxing is an incredibly corrupt sport.

Check allthebestfights.com

1 Like

I think im going to stop watching some fights especially GBP ones.

Judges should be ashamed of themselves. 4-2 Canelo after 6 rounds was total shit…

Yeah I can’t fathom how anyone had Canelo 4-2 up by that point.

I think that was fair enough tbh, he was definitely relatively better in the first 6 compared to the last 6. I had it even but many of the rounds were very close that I can’t argue too much if somebody had either guy up by then.

GGG won the fight in my eyes based on his last 4-6 rounds.

1 Like

^^ Same, I thought Canelo actually won the first 2 or 3 rounds and then GGG took over especially in like round 7-11. Canelo landed a lot more power punches too and GGG’s face looked pretty bad.

AJ sparked Povetkin

Dodgy chin reared its head again, mind.

1 Like

Cannot wait for Fury put this pretender in his place…Go on Tyson…

Fury will get knocked out by both AJ and Wilder. He has no chin and no power both guys are too athletic for him they’ll walk right through him.

2 Likes

The more I think about it, the more unjustified his hype really is.

It is actually just based on a night where he was pretty shite but was pretty lucky with how utterly shite his opponent was too.

Wladimir Klitschko made Tyson Fury’s career.

And as you said, I can only see Wilder putting a stop to that hype once and for all.

This Joshua wouldn’t KO the Fury we have today, back from a layoff and the shape he’s in now? :arteta:

I know Fury comes across as a big dopey lump, I wouldn’t tell him that btw…but I truly believe that he is a far superior boxer than the others out there at the moment, he’s big, relatively fast, good chin, better than AJ’s imo…but more important than all of these, he has very fast hands, and a higher skill set in the ring…I genuinely believe that he will win, and unify the whole heavyweight division…

1 Like

Really good fight. Povetkin showed sublime skill for a 39 year old. AJ deserves credit for adapting his range from round to round. Boxed and moved well after a dangerous opening three.

Fury’s chin is shit. If you don’t have power and a chin you won’t last much longer in the current division. His entire career is based upon a fight where his opponent decided to be completely gun shy. Fury would have been beaten in a rematch and he knows it.

I’ve see Fury put flat on his back by a blown up cruiserweight.

His boxing skills are also ridiculously overrated. Moving around the ring for 12 rounds does not make you a good boxer.