The 1972 Wings Tour Bus at Highbury

Greetings Gooners,

Have come onto your forum to ask for help digging up some information that is Arsenal related.

The Wings Over Europe Tour Bus, used by Paul McCartney and Wings for their 1972 European tour, apparently made an appearance at Highbury sometime between 1987 - 1993. I suspect it was later, rather than sooner.

It was for a “London Beatles Fanclub event”(sic).

I was wondering if anyone remembers this, would therefore be able to date it - and better still, have any photos of the occasion?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’m guessing the oldest posters who might have an idea could be

@Stroller @DavidHillier @MO_OA49 @BizzySignal

Who was the fella that did that fun Arsenal all time draft? I’ve forgot his name, but he might know

1 Like

@SLAG but he hasn’t posted in ages.

@giner might know something too as he’s a music guy.

1 Like

Try @giner @JohnnyH @InvincibleDB10 @Kroenkeoutplease

One of them is bound to know :blush:

1 Like

So I googled “The Wings” Over Europe “Tour Bus” highbury

Which gave me the following:

Mate how did I end up on the oldest posters! I wasn’t even born when the Wings started the tour in the early 80s, I turned 33 a couple of weeks ago. :joy::rofl:

11 Likes

That’s actually where I got what I know about it from. There is a picture there and the guy in it gave the information I’ve given you, except I can tell you it was no later than 1993, as the bus was abroad from then until 2017.

Haha sorry mate, you just seem to talk about old times so I was taking a guess. Be happy you’re a young man my friend. Many happy returns anyway

1 Like

Haha. But that makes you just old enough to have been at Highbury c1993.

1 Like

Haha you to brother and to be fair, I was a kid in the 90s which is now over 20 years ago, which I suppose makes me an oldie!

I remember it like it was yesterday, great day and some wonderful memories that I will take with me to the grave

1 Like

Yesterday was a Beatles track. Written by Paul though.

1 Like

Cool. As you remember it so well, can you remember when it was? Any pics, by any chance?

photos were lost years ago, unfortunately

Try this fella, have seen a picture of him and Denny Laine in front of said bus at Highbury.
https://beatlesinlondon.com/ Richard Porter.

3 Likes

Bloody hell! Where you been?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but Richard was actually the source. He doesn’t remember the specifics unfortunately, hence the post.

Try having a word with
https://mobile.twitter.com/rajpatel1809?lang=en
He is the mamager of the Bootleg Beatles… He may not know the answer but some who follow him might…