Tennis

Federer still better than both lads dw

1 Like

Nadal has beaten peak Federer. I donā€™t think Jokervic can boast the same.

I think in the end itā€™s right to have it like this;

1. Djokovic
  2. Federer
  3. Nadal
1 Like

Ok, if you think so, I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree.

That is only stat that is left, so Novak haters cling to it so tightly

1 Like

Everybody is wrong Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe are the greatest

2 Likes

Djokovic will end up 3 or 4 clear when itā€™s all said and done, if it wasnā€™t for nonsensical mandates heā€™d already be a couple clear.

1 Like

His mental strength is just superior

Demonstrated it so many times now and honestly he can go on for at least another couple of years, the levels he is still able to play at is quite frankly ridiculous.

Great to see him triumph here after last years fiasco

2 Likes

Djokovic is The GOAT.

The mental fortitude on this guy is insane.

1 Like

2 Likes

Being mooted that the USA will be dropping the wild covid mandates regarding vaccination on May 11.

If true thatā€™s fantastic for Novak as itā€™ll mean free to play at Flushing meadows.

1 Like

Djokovic could win 10more titles but Federer would still the goat.

Itā€™s be a bit like nobody could convince me Haaland is better than Henry even if he scores 60 goals a season.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but who you like more isnā€™t the goat lol

3 Likes

It takes them this long :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Especially in an individual sport

Fed fans are down bad

1 Like

If you want to base it only of numbers then there can never be a debate in any sport. Person with highest number = greatest.

I donā€™t subscribe to that at all.

But that was only metric when Federer was far ahead in numbers

2 Likes

Exactly also all these guys played for a long time in the same era

When Federer was ahead in slams all this other criteria wasnā€™t spoken about at all lol

2 Likes

So highest number = greatest?

It is competitive sport of course numbers are most important.

I would say it is the most important metric especially when itā€™s not just a single number Djokovic is ahead in so many categories that itā€™s ridiculous and both he Federer and Nadal et al all played in the same era

Federer does have a beautiful all round game incredible skill-set that is quite frankly almost impossible to replicate, Alcaraz is probably the closest Iā€™ve see to what Federer brings to the table. However, I think Djokovic is actually underrated in terms of his all round game. His backhand is a thing of beauty, forehand can hang with anyone on tour, serve is just as good as Federerā€™s not the biggest but clutch AF, movement, net skills, defence, turning defence into attack and of course he has an unmatched return of serve - no one does it better.

Many see him as some kind of robot with regard to his tennis but he has all the shots and then some and has displayed this over the years to great effect, coupled with the accolades and records and I donā€™t see how Federer can be seen to be greater than him unless of course one is a Federer fan.

4 Likes