Tennis

Alcaraz really should have this already won, won 20 more points for the match but has lost the two tiebreakers.

1 Like

Did you see the shot Alcaraz hit at 0-30 in the last game ? How do you do that after over 4 hours of play and your 3rd consecutive 5th set match.

Alcaraz does it, takes the US open over Ruud in 4 sets. 19 years of age and a Grand Slam Champion.

Really enjoyed the tournament this year. Don’t usually watch but my partner loves tennis and had to explain the scoring system a few times to me. All the finalists were so young!

Here’s hoping the new guard stop Djokovic over taking Nadal :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Alcaraz is a freak

1 Like
1 Like

The most enjoyable tennis player I’ve had the pleasure of watching.

7 Likes

I know Federer would have wanted to bow out on the court. It’s been over a year since he last played so the recovery must not have gone to plan.

I feel frustrated as I’m not ready to say goodbye…

damn

4 Likes

Sadly body is cooked, missed 8 of the last 10 slams. But at 41 these things happen. What a career and such an aesthetically beautiful player to watch.

Honestly remarkable that he’ll probably go down as the 3rd best player of his generation given how dominate he was 2003-2008.

Haha yeah.

Federer fans can’t even use the argument “well, if Federer was around when Nadal and Djokovic won what they did, they’d never have won as much”

The greatest to ever do it. What a career. His late career renaissance when he looked all but done was amazing to see.

I really wish he won that Wimbledon final when he had the championship points against Djokovic

5 Likes

Was clear that he was done it’s been two and half years, great player and brought so much to the game but he’s no GOAT. Both Nadal and Djokovic have stronger claims.

3rd best sounds right and there’s no shame in that

Nah he can’t be the goat, because although he’s the most aesthetically pleasing and most liked he doesn’t hold enough of the key statistics.

:goat: can’t be decided by a popularity contest.

2 Likes

Yeah big time bottle job that in 2019, 2 match points on serve at 40-15 in a match he’d only been broken once to that point.

I thought he was a class act and a credit to the sport. My favourite moment from him was when he beat Murray in the Wimbledon final and still got a great reception from the crowd and was an absolute champion in victory in the way he handled the occasion and was very humble towards Murray despite having just won the top prize in his sport.

1 Like

Mate, didn’t that happen in a US Open semi final?

For the last time. What an era.

7 Likes

Murray did well to hold his own in the era of the big 3. Imagine how much more success guys oils him and Wawrinka could have had if they didn’t literally have the 3 greatest tennis players ever to contend with lol

5 Likes

Feds and Nadal ending it in the doubles tomorrow night, why was I so slow when looking for tickets ffs