Tennis

Coming from the master of circle jerking that you are, thats rich.

2 Likes

Even without Djokovic, I feel like this is gonna be a big ask for Nadal.

1 Like

Agreed, gives him a shot but I’d still have Medvedev and Zverev above him.

If Nadal does win it, I think that makes it equal in terms of Djokovic and Nadal winning a slam where the other didn’t compete, no?

(Obviously since Djokovic started)

That’s why I asked you if you if you’ve ever been up in arms about refugees. I didn’t say that you hadnt, and I didn’t group you in with those who care about Djokovic but not refugees.

I absolutely suspect you fit neatly into that category, but you are right that I don’t know your opinion on refugees, that’s why I didn’t assume.

You could just clear it up if you wanted to, but I suspect you won’t, despite being the one who brought refugees into the discussion about a tennis player.

I guess it only becomes left wing political bullshit you don’t engage with in tennis threads when someone else has something to say about refugees. But it’s cool for you to bring them into the discussion.

But cool, let’s leave the thread to be about tennis again. But next time, how about you don’t bring refugees into it to score cheap points if you’re too cowardly to actually engage with someone who then responds to your point about refugees.

You’re the one who took it down that particular path, not me lol.

2 Likes
7 Likes

So you really think he conveniently got it on 16th December just in time to get an exemption?

And then you must admit he’s a complete cunt for going out and mingling with others on 17th/18th knowing his positive result?

I’m actually giving him more credit believing it’s a fake result to get his exemption, that’s way less cunty than the other option.

Absolutely he did, even our government conceded that.

I’m all for asymptomatic people to not bother isolating ( really want this to start being treated like any resp illness ), so it depends on that from my point of view. The last 7 days personally I’ve woken up and had to remind myself I’m meant to be isolating with covid, so I can understand how it can be tough.

Djokovic in 2018. I’d imagine this has some sort of religious basis to it.

Probably one of those Christian Scientist nutters

1 Like

Just to be clear, you are saying Djokovic purposely got infected so that he can get an exemption?

Your defence of Djokovic breaking isolation after testing positive is that “it can be tough”?

Is that what you got from that rather than someone who trust they body to heal rather than get repeated medical intervention. Would call a Muslim science nut if he was Muslim? Because seems that Christians are easy target for you guys

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Sounds like some Steve Jobs-esque nonsense

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think Christianity has anything to do with it in this case. Strange to call out a religion on it.

What does his faith have to do with it that you mentioned Christian. It’s a legitimate question to ask because on here posters seem to rag on the Christian faith but never on any other faith groups

2 Likes

There is no such thing as islamophobia or anti-Semitic when comes to Christians, so you can denigrate Christians as much as you want.

Happy to call him a Muslim nutter instead, but as he’s Serbian and they’re overwhelmingly Christian, that seems more likely.

Flexo said he imagined it had some religious basis to it, and I simply said it sounded like it could be Christian Scientists who are famous for refusing medical treatment (see Val Kilmer until it almost killed him). As are Jehovah’s Witnesses etc. so it’s really not that far fetched.

But yeah, Jewish Christian Muslim whatever happy to call them all nutters I don’t discriminate on a religious basis when it comes to that haha

2 Likes

Seems like it’s unfortunately the case :pensive:

:joy: :joy:

1 Like