Tennis

Not even close brother. Not even close. :smiley:

Gutted for Federer, Djokovic with a lesson in mental STRENGTH, worthy winner.

1 Like

:100:

Djokovic is an incredible tennis player. I don’t really have a favourite one. Federer Djokovic and Nadal are all great to watch. What a treat we had today.

1 Like

lol Djokovic is like, clap bitches, cause I know you’re burning on the inside. Haha.

Undeserved for Fed. He was the dominant player today but Djok defended incredibly. He had to keep his cool on those two match points but couldn’t do it.

4 Likes

Will haunt Fed for a while… had that match and just didn’t close the deal.

Was a must win for Djokovic in terms of catching Federer on 20. I think Nadal will probably get another couple of French titles as well, so will be close if Federer plays on another year or so

I think all 3 will end on 20-ish

1 Like

What an absolute cracking match by the sounds of it, a big shame Federer just couldn’t close it out.

Lol

6 Likes

Those two championship points were bad. The two points following championship point when the game was at deuce is what lost Federer the match.

Fed was the better player on the day and played the better tennis but Djokovic maintained his level when the pressure was on. Fed did not. Should have been 9.

1 Like

Can’t call any one of the 3 the GOAT. Not when Nadal is the undisputed king of clay. You’d have to put djok, fed and nadal in a bracket together. It’s annoyingly the simplest yet fairest way to do it

Nick had his few months off then decided to turn up and win another ATP 500 title in Washington beating another couple of top 10 players along the way.

Murray returned to the singles tour for the first time in over 200 days in Cincinnati. The rust showed going down 6-4 6-4 to Gasquet.

Why has he not retired yet?

Not sure to be honest, he did say at the Australian open in Jan that he was likely to call it a day after Wimbledon.

1 Like

The US Open got interesting

Medvedev playing the bad boy card. Booed loudly for most of the match. Started when he snatched a towel from a ball boy’s hand.

And then he stuck his finger up at the crowd

His post match interview, though :ok_hand:

Kyrgios would be proud

1 Like

Nick out, Rublev playing some really good stuff ATM.

Djokovic out, retired whilst 2 sets to live down vs Stan.

Federer out in the QF going down in 5 sets to Dimitrov.

Grand slam no 19 there for the taking now for Rafa.

My boy Nadal has got the break in the third set. Too tired to stay awake for the whole thing, but outcome looks inevitable now.

19 slams. He’ll win another French and get up to 20 soon. Madness

1 Like

Well it wasn’t straight forward in the end, but Rafa found a way to close it out in the 5th. Sounds like I missed a fantastic match.

In the last 10 years discounting Roland-Garros titles, it is Federer 6-6 Nadal in terms of Slams won.