Tennis

He had an amazing run and I think he’ll be #1 again because the rest of the field is far from convincing

Nadal slapping Med.

Thank goodness I am not an athlete.
My ego won’t take getting beat by someone 10 years older to me (no matter how good) twice in major tournaments.

It’s an ATP 500 tournament so it’s not really a major tournament but the point stands.

1 Like

It’s nothing new for him, he’s been laying down for Nadal for a while now.

2 Likes

I thought Medvedev was gonna win this one, impressive by Nadal.

Not the most flattering way for Medvedev to become world no 1.

Rafa 5-2 down in the 3rd against young Korda and pulls it out from nowhere. Man has been so clutch thus far in 2022.

Jesus, how fragile is she ??

2 Likes

She seems to have a shitload of issues at the moment.

2 Likes

This isn’t the first time Osaka has been heckled and this won’t be the last time. As a human I feel for her, but this is part of the trials and tribulations of a sportsperson.

She won her first Grand Slam in worse circumstances. The crowd were supporting Serena without regard for Osaka.

Side note: I don’t think Serena got enough shit for her on court behaviour that day.

3 Likes

She really didn’t, cue talk of her being a mother, the patriarchy and all the other BS excuses trotted out for her.

Her behaviour that day was shameful

3 Likes

You got a link to this? I semi-recall the match but not enough to remember Serena’s antics

1 Like

Medvedev with an underwhelming stint as world #1

His loss against Monfils at Indian Wells means he drops back to #2 for now

1 Like

Kyrgios deciding to turn up this week, be interesting to see how he goes vs Sinner.

Would like to see another grudge match against Nadal where he dumps him out

1 Like

It doesn’t take much to set him off :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nick the Showman :heart:

A masters 1000 title for Fritz.

1 Like