Tammy Abraham

According to The Express , the Gunners have agreed to meet Abraham’s wage demands, which is apparently as high as £125,000 per week.

Ffing ridiculous. Why is it we keep getting bent over by Chelsea for their cast offs?

2 Likes

I actually think Tammy has all the tools to be a complete, and top, striker, but for me it all depends on what is between his ears, and I’m not sure if he has a certain kind of nastiness, or killer edge, to him that I think is important for turning up in big matches.

I don’t mind looking to the future and hedging bets with Balogun and Tammy Abraham though, to push each other at a post-Laca/Auba Arsenal, but that’s where price tag comes in. I shouldn’t really care about prices too much, the Kroenke’s did promise to “invest” so let’s see that, but at the same time we would be sending big money to a rival, to potentially help them get Haaland.

I’m torn, but mainly over 40m instinctively feeling around 10m too much.

3 Likes

More like 25m too much. Look at the players we’re letting go for a cut rate. Who else is going for Tammy Abraham that is pushing his price tag so high? Xhaka had a good showing in the Euro’s and is going to Roma for under 20m. What has Abraham done to justify 40m or 125k a week?

3 Likes

Does he have the tools?

He’s not very good in the air, doesn’t link up well, can’t hold it up. His all round game is lacking big time, if he’s not scoring he’s not doing much else and it’s not like he’s prolific either at least not in the PL.

To keep it real Giroud was better whilst playing for us. Perhaps he improves but he’s below the requisite level right now.

3 Likes

In terms of “tools” I was talking more about physical attributes, and how he develops, but it does depend on his application, and his mind, which goes back to the “edge” I was talking about.

So a player who isn’t great at anything, coming off a really bad season is moving to Arsenal for 1.3 Ramsdales? JFC. Just shut the club down.

I’d rather us sign DCL from Everton if we’re looking for an English striker.

4 Likes

How much is Richarlison? I’d prefer him over Abraham and he’s surely not as expensive either.

1 Like

Don’t know about that. Everton paid 50 million for him.

Haha, Richarlison is a worse prospect IMO

Scores too many headers, is inconsistent and streaky. Plus isn’t a proper CF

2 Likes

When I think of this guy I think of that match against us in December. Fucking hell was he rancid that day. Man was hopeless.

2 Likes

Unless something crazy happens Everton looks to be his level tbh

Think he’d be better suited abroad Richarlison tbh.

We shouldn’t be committing big money on any ST this window. Same goes for RB imo.
The respective markets are dry as fuck. If we get people in it feels like a transfer for the sake of a transfer to me.

If we strengthen CM and AM appropriately, we can do with Chambers and Cedric at RB, Auba and Laca at S for this season.

Keep the powder dry for next summer.

2 Likes

I thought there were enough interesting names floating around. Dest, Adams, Lamptey, Dumfries (we had looked at him pre-Euro I believe, maybe even last summer?).

Now I get why Chelsea call him Bambi on ice…

Eddie’s better.

Literally the British sanogo

Can’t believe anyone would entertain this transfer on a free let alone 30-40m

3 Likes

You never know, if he comes here and gets that sort of supply from Bellerin he may just be a major hit.

4 Likes

Xkaha, Elneny, and Bellerin feeding Tammy Abraham up top is the stuff dreams are made of lolol

3 Likes