Sven Mislintat

Well, his hard work and passion did energize our midfield and team spirit.
Can’t say he did not improve us a bit.

At the halfway point I don’t really see us being much better than under Wenger so until we stop constantly under performing I don’t really have any praise for any of our players /manager.

2 Likes

This just in though :poldi:

1 Like

Haha hopefully he doesn’t see it

Jesus, Guendouzi is easily the most overrated player this season.

I not know how people can come out with takes like this when we have the worse squad in the top 6 and it’s showing in results

Agree to disagree.

I believe none of us here said Guen is the best player on the team, so I don’t know how you came up “most overrated”.

Also, having the worst squad among top 6 has nothing to do with Guen’s performance, a 19 year old performance.

He is not our savior, but he is definitely one of the best youth players we have ATM.

1 Like

I competely agree with this, he’s the first youth player in a while - apart from Iwobi - who looks like he’ll cut it at the highest level. Of course Reiss looking like he’s doing bits on loan too. But yet I’m a big fan of Guendouzi but we have larger problems that need addressed.

2 Likes

His performances are not proportionate to the praise he’s been receiving hence overrated. No one said he’s been the best player on the team because hasn’t. He’s been well below average and the only thing getting him back is phoney concepts in football like ‘passion’ and ‘hard work’ that are totally meaningless at the top level

It certainly does when he’s starting excessively at the expense of more seasoned players in a season where we’re on track to have the worse defensive record out of the top six. Every player from the midfield down need to be looked at in conjunction with the manager. Guendouzi himself has terrible defensive awarness and presence in the defensive third as well as being poor in counter attacking transitions from deep. You’re biased if you can’t see this or admit it

The guy simply isn’t good enough to start for a serious top 6 club right now. Simple as that really

Who cares?

I seriously could not give a toss about the progression of any youth player whilst we’re facing a third consecutive year out of the Champions League. He’s not going to be anywhere near an important player for this side within the next 3 seasons

Cmon, you can see it too.

Sven and walder Frey look alike as well.

1 Like

At the end of the day it’s difficult to make a direct comparison between what Mislintat has done at Dortmund and Sanhelli did at Barcelona. They worked together with and under other people and were part of a bigger chain.

Overall however the model of Dortmund is probably something that is a lot closer with what Arsenal should do and Barcelona bought a lot of shit too. On the surface of things I’m not sure giving Sanhelli pretty much all the power seems the way to go.

6 Likes

Sven said: “It’s been an amazing experience to work at a great club like Arsenal in what has been a big time of change. I am excited about what the future holds for the club and am looking forward to new challenges for myself.”

OFFICIAL.

2 Likes

Damn

Not ideal at all.`

Such a strange tenure.

He looked like exactly the type of guy we should have hired. I don’t know enough about Raul’s methods to really pass judgement but it sounded like he was more of the wheeler dealer 'Arry Redknapp type who was going to call up his friends and ask for players. I don’t think that’s really what we should be doing.

2 Likes

I wonder if he’s starting in Milan on 9th February.

4 Likes

What a heart-felt, personally written, deep ans sencere, not generic at all, good-bye message.

4 Likes

In the words of one agent who has worked closely with the club: “Arsenal pulled off the true transfer coup of the century when they recruited Mislintat — and have blown it already

:disappointed:

3 Likes

Real Arsiedad here we come.

3 Likes

I think “Arselona B” is more like it

2 Likes

This stinks.

Arsecast this week was quite good with Philippe Auclair, touched on some good points.