Sven Mislintat

Partly. In terms of talent identification in Europe Sven has a better CV.

Why do we need Edu?

What is his qualifications? Genuinely asking

Going to go against the grain and say I honestly think this is a good thing as we can’t keep buying players that Emery can’t work with. It would be different if we had Klopp and we were trying to be BVB 2.0 but with Emery I feel were much safer raiding the Spanish league and looking for players that he’s more familiar with.

Emery’s time is limited and he’s literally wasted his first six months and turned the pressure right up, it’s time for some unified vision and I can live with that being underwhelming Spanish based signings instead of underwhelming bundsliga signings

3 Likes

Yeah like when we took Cazorla/Monreal from Malaga

1 Like

Only hope now is for Sven to get the job and institute a GoT style power play ending in the red wedding as the Starks/Spaniards get got.

3 Likes

You’re a nutter man :joy:

1 Like

And if they don’t work for us, we would be in the same position with deadwood all over the place.

1 Like

Of course but the same can be said for any signing that doesn’t work out, at least this way we’re giving Emery and ourselves the best chance to succeed.

Emery doesn’t seem to have a great grasp on the English language yet so I’m all for shifting our focus to players he can communicate with easier and has worked with before, or even is just aware of their skillset through his time spent in Spain.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous I find it that we brought in a manager who made his name in Spain/France and expect him to be happy with all the random Bundesliga signings Sven could get his hands on - so disjointed, much like everything we do.

6 Likes

This is basically the same transfer policy we’ve had for 10 years tho and it’s got us in a mess. Buying mediocre talent, on big wages, who have ZERO resale value. Meanwhile Sven is after guys like Torreira who’s a beast that we pay relatively small wages and his resale value is through the roof.

4 Likes

AC,
I don’t mind being wrong and you are right (on Emery), but it would be a lot nicer if you use the word “cunts” on Spuds and/or opponents only but not us.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

but but but buuuuuuuuuuuuut i thought you said wenger wasnt a problem

2 Likes

That’s because Wenger and Gazidis were the brains behind the operation.

We’ve had the talent- we get no resale value because we can’t sort a contract to save our life.

1 Like

Emery is trying to get Banega on the same wages we woulda had Ramsey on and the guy is in his 30’s. The way going forward for us is getting guys with the profile of Guendouzi.

4 Likes

Banega wouldnt be on anywhere near the sort of wages that ramsey was wanting stop shit stirring and Bangea is arguably a better player than ramsey is anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/arsenal-ready-to-double-banegas-wages-in-big-money-offer/ar-BBS6Dq6

7m per year plus the 18m release clause.

^^^ Mathz iz hard

1 Like

omg and that is a fact is it…fucking hell i give up

Arsenal football club rang them up and said exactly how much they are gonna pay for the transfer and also his wages and we are definitely gonna get him this is all facts…utter bullshit, get your head out of your ass before you suffocate.

Guendouzi hasn’t improved us though as much as I like the kid. The Banega argument doesn’t work for me as I see value in buying older players who would come in and improve us. Every year we are out of the CL we lose money and marketability.

Wenger bought Arteta and Per and they were two of our most stable signings -and in the end worth every penny in fee and wages.

If we want to start being more self sufficient then we need to sort out our dog shit contract policy sell players on before they realise they can run their contract down and gain the power. There was money in this club- Alexis, Ramsey, Jack, Ozil just to name a few.

3 Likes

He’s only 19 and he’s not supposed to plug in as a starting xi player anyways, the argument could easily be made he’s already better than Xhaka anyways so yes that’s an improvement. Anyways the idea is to invest in young talent, Guen is an asset. Torreira is the real gem and that was all Sven. He’s got a list of guys like that we are ignoring.

2 Likes

I have no problem with investing in young talent and I’m glad we got Guendouzi but the real investment is Torreira. He’ll improve us and will be able to be sold on for a profit if we don’t let his contract run down.

Point is we can and should be adding young talent every window but first and foremost we need to get this team back on track to not only get that CL revenue but make the club more desirable for players/assets looking to join.

As of right now it’s Emery’s team and he needs players he feels comfortable working with, so as far as I’m concerned homeless klopp can do one. Hell going to Bayern where he can poach all the Bvb players will be like heaven for him and if you care about him at all you should be happy for him.

1 Like