Sven Mislintat

I really hope you’re not right about this but it appears, seemingly, like we’re on that slippery slope. A manager with Wenger-like lazy performances, personnel leaving at board level and an owner who seems to be disinterested in all things Arsenal.

Even if we had a player who took games by the scruff of the neck and galvanised the others into playing better, I can only imagine this being a temporary fix. I call it the ‘Gallas effect’. Great when he started but ended up not bothering when it dawned on him that he didn’t have players of the right mentality around him. (With the exception, of course, of 07/08 but it doesn’t look like we’ll have a season like that again any time soon)

3 Likes

Great when someone takes on the roll of Nostradamus by telling you we are in for a tough period. People were predicting this for a number of years by holding onto Wenger.
Same Johnny Come fucking lately was openly supporting that problem as a way forward at the time.
I get other posters like reading opinions as such, but liking posts were others get called collective cunts is a bit poor.
Of course its obvious that he goes with that rhetoric as part of his agenda to marginilise on here. Still each to his own as im sure people can see through that.

9 Likes

This made me dribble coffee :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All the people rationalising this and saying they don’t care - fair play to you.

I genuinely feel this is a damning development. It’s indicative of a club in steep decline and a nail in the coffin as far as the future of the football club is concerned. This, more than most previous developments at the club seals it for me.

I struggle to see a single reason to be positive about Arsenal now or in the next 5-10 years. We’re witnessing our team going nowhere but south. On the pitch and off it, everything has unravelled very quickly.

1 Like

This seems like a gross over exaggeration. It’s certainly not ideal for us, especially not in the middle of the season (and during a rough period) but the guy has been here for a year he’s hardly had time to make any reasonable impact and will be replaced. We literally have no idea what would have happened had he stayed and we have no idea what will happen when he goes.

People leave football clubs all the time it’s the nature of the industry. But the departure of Sven is certainly not the death knell for a wealthy North London club with a substantial global fanbase. That’s quite frankly a bit of a ridiculous suggestion.

5 Likes

Just rehire Wenger as director of football

3 Likes

He’s the one who got us into the mess.

I haven’t seen many top clubs clamouring for his signature yet.

3 Likes

He’s highly regarded and I think that’s for a very good reason. We aren’t privvy to what goes on behind the scenes but I think with time he’d have made some astute signings. I’m not a fan of the Leno and Sokratis signing but a year is simply not long enough to have any reasonable impact.

1 Like

Yeah, so we can give Mustafi a new contract.

Massive downgrade

1 Like

Where do we go from here :confused:

I don’t like this one bit. I don’t want to side with Sven being the be-all-end-all of scouts, because there are other clubs out there that get a lot right with recruiting players but this just feels like a massive set back in terms of us moving forward.

Raul better have his shit together the puta.

Collective Arsenal fan suicide pact

7 Likes

It’s not about who’s going but the indications on why he’s going.

Of course I don’t mean the club will fold, enter financial ruin or spiral down to relegation fodder etc.

What I mean is, a man with a modern approach to recruitment and footballing philosophy has seemingly lost out to men with a regressive model.

Yes he has a track record of falling out with his peers, but he also has a track record of identifying promising talent in a forward thinking fashion that Raul and Unai haven’t previously shown.

As most have said, we obviously don’t know all the facts and aren’t privy to much information so can only come up with our own estimations.

And in mine he’s going because the hierarchy here are steering Arsenal in the wrong direction. I can only hope I’m point blank wrong and their ways just work.

6 Likes

Mislintat found Blaszczykowski at Wisla Cracow, Kagawa at Cerezo Osaka, Dembele at Rennes, Aubameyang at Saint Etienne, Lewandowski at Lech Poznan, Hummels at Bayern reserves, Subotic at Mainz, Sven Bender at 1860 Munchen, Gundogan at Nurnberg, Guerreiro at Lorient, Weigl at 1860 Munchen and Pulisic for free, And yet we choose to keep the old bastard who prefers dealing with people he knows instead of people we need. And then we wonder why we suck so bad.

11 Likes

Edu? It sounds like another weak yesman.

Wait, don’t tell me.

A vanity appointment? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Made me think of a brilliantly funny book I once read by Finnish writer Arto Paasilinna and it has actually been translated to Dutch, we can start here

1 Like

This is so ridiculous. Two of the three guys (Ivan and Sven) who set up this new structure are gone! I’d almost rather have us fire Raul at this point too and start from scratch.

Hire a guy like Monchi (not actually Monchi since he’s busy setting fire to Roma’s squad at the moment) and let him build out the structure around him. Hire scouts, hire numbers geeks, hire a new coach if that’s what is required. But this ad hoc bullshit just isn’t working.