Sven Mislintat

Just got to hope this is right for the club I guess. Edu and Raul better do a great job here.

Lol

Good read that article though, mind.

1 Like

The Banter Era just keeps getting more Bantery. How is this possible?!

No clubs banter era beats ours. :joy:

Spurs have pressure we have Banter

3 Likes

How much can Raul and Edu actually do? It’s already 15 January!

With all this lousy PR plus our deterioration in terms of form we could be knocked out of the Top 4 battle this weekend and then shit is really going to hit the fan.

I meant in general. I’m ready to write off the next 10 years though. Lol

Just one of those things. Professional disagreements happen and have fall outs.

I think we’ll make plenty of changes like this along the way and we’ve no real metric over whether that will make us better/worse other than what’s happening on the pitch which might have exactly zero to do with any of this. Liverpool had to go through two sets of owners to get anywhere sure.

2 Likes

If we can achieve cohesion amongst the upper ranks at the club by Sven leaving, then I’m all for it. Sven may or may not be good at his job, but if we can get some sort of solid structure it would be a start to sorting out this mess.

We have to remember we are in our infancy in this post-Wenger era. Everything has changed and there was always going to be teething problems which ever way you looked at it. It may not work first time but once we get a solid structure in place then everything else should fall in line too. Need to look at the long-term plan here.

4 Likes

Achieving cohesion is one thing, allowing Raul to step into a power vacuum is something else all together. I don’t love the idea that we’re steering away from younger players and seemingly steering towards journeymen. It all seems very … midtable.

7 Likes

Journeymen or not, the short term goal here has to be get into the top 4. If that means buying some ready made players then so be it. Not to mention young players these days don’t come cheap either.

And anyway we have a huge network of scouts across the globe. We’ll always be looking out for young talent. But getting them to come here is another issue in itself.

1 Like

This is the man who reportedly unearthed young gems like Auba and Dembele at reasonable prices. If he is known for unearthing young world class talent that isn’t expensive, then why are we letting him go? Does he not fit into the club’s “Self Sustaining” model? Why are we not giving this man what he wants? It makes no sense to me B.

4 Likes

We’re not buying any players at the moment. :arteta:

All joking aside, I do worry that we’re caught in two minds here. If the whole point was to get back into the UCL at any cost, we should have spend a lot more money this summer. Instead we bought two stopgaps, a teenager, a keeper who started the year as a backup and Torreira (good).

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Even when we try to be a little bit clever about our structure, it backfires and we’re still a shower of shit. Fucking bullshit.

Hey look, the post the magical wizard Gladiator got 21 likes for laughing at, telling you all how the Emery appointment marked the saddest day for the club in a long time because it was firm evidence of us being incompetently run from the top down, was er, right.

Hope you guys learn to be less collectively cunts with the few posters here not talking shite/not self-proclaimed magical wizards/etc.

Arsenal is going to be in an ugly state for a time now, it will help if you’re not at least oblivious cunts about it and can have intelligent discussion instead of the shite that has reigned around here since the Emery signing.

4 Likes

Could Arteta get Brexit sorted for us.

2 Likes

Go back to Madrid. We didn’t miss you.

2 Likes

It doesn’t pose well for Sven’s side given that he’s leaving another club because of a disagreement. Whilst I’d want him here, if he can’t take things on the chin so to speak, then it’s not going to work in that environment.

So what, Columbo wants to flex a bit, let him. If after a few years Sven’s recommendations aren’t being heard then think of an exit plan. It just seems so abrupt is all.

Regardless of who the manager is at this point, if this sort of shit is happening behind the scenes, we’ll get nothing done and won’t be competitive for some time.

3 Likes

I miss him.

Well he logs in every day so start pming him.

4 Likes

Me not. Different opinions :slight_smile:

2 Likes