Sven Mislintat

No they haven’t.

A managing director sits on the board, a director of football is just a nothing title whose actual remit is totally at the discretion of the board which Vinai sits on and Sanhelli does not

I don’t know what else to say.

but how do we know that those were found by Sven, its just what a person feels did he ask them personally who sanctioned those deals. All we can do is guess to what is happening we dont know all the facts and likely never will.

1 Like

Seems like the mess after the mess.

The post-Wenger era was supposed to be the chance for Gazidis to take charge and install his own setup.

How the fuck are we 6 months later already dealing with the mess of the post-Gazidis era :joy:

12 Likes

Absolutely fucking laughable the team we put in place of Wenger are only 6 months in and fucking bickering with each other :sob::sob::sob::sob:

Also, who gives a fuck whether the technical director has a connection to arsenal, if they’re good enough for the job they’re good enough for the job, arsenal connection means they’ll bow down to the fuckers above them.

7 Likes

Gonna lose Diamond Eye, and ignore all his targets. Meanwhile we are gonna buy Sevilla and Valencia retreads, fml.

1 Like

The way the news was brought out it’s seems like a dual appointment. Sanhelli for football, Vinai on business. Why on earth would they appoint Edu as director of football if Sanhelli hasn’t already got a leading role next to Vinai?

Anyway I do think this is getting blown out of proportion, a guy known for having fall outs had another one again, the club can’t operate with a key figure to the structure if he’s going to have a fit every time he doesn’t get his way.

Everyone is worried about the future, I want to know about the past, we’re in a crucial transition right now, the fact that there was a disagreement really calls into question the integrity of the transfer strategy we just had in the summer, what’s the long-term plan with the squad? who approved/wanted the players we signed? did we have a unifying agreement of the transfers or was it 2 guys getting their own kinds of players in.

2 Likes

I lose brain cells each time I hear/see that Sven got us Guendouzi. Guendouzi was scouted by Wenger’s fav scouter, Grimandi in 2017.

2 Likes

This man just got here and he already leavin? The fuck is going on at this club man? Wasn’t he supposed to be the head of recruitment and the guy who ran our transfer business? What is the issue?

The clubs a cunt, that’s what the issue is :joy:

1 Like

Vinai, Sven, Raul and Emery. Who does what? And now we’re about to appoint another technical director? Can see why Sven feels his position is untenable here. He’s basically just a scout with minimal influence at this stage.

Is it a stretch to think that more than one scout can be looking at a player at the same time?

Essentially watered down his role?

did someone also say that he doesnt get on with Edo for some reason, he is probably gonna be coming in also.

That’s why I think Vinai is only concerned with the business side of things. Sanhelli has the whole football operation under him and Sven and the new technical director would work directly under him. But if Sven thinks his role is already marginal and they’re going to get another guy he’s probably also asking himself what he’s still doing here.

2 Likes

Well you might be right but for the sake of argument, why? scouting and getting are two different jobs carried out by different people. We probably have hundreds of players on scouting at any given point. Discovering a player does not at all automatically mean you get them.

Also: I like Sven and was under the impression he did a good job but it is always hard to tell who is pulling what strings where. I can only hope this surprising decision creates an improvement.

1 Like

No BUT, Guendouzi was going to be bought regardless of Sven coming here(confirmed by a guy who used to work at Arsenal). The same with that kid from PSG we were about to sign this summer, only for him to do a u-turn. Guendouzi wasn’t linked with only us anyway. Spurs were interested in him as well. PSG is another.

I leave to go to work and things look not great…I get home from work eight hours later and things have really gone to shit.

2 Likes