Super Mik Arteta

That’s exactly why he got the criticism, he did it when the league was gone not when it was in our hands and it really could have mattered.

He also didn’t tweak the system so much as take a shit on it with that formation yesterday.

https://twitter.com/rafsenal/status/1660230310615760897

Fulham away was the last time we played that type of football. :pensive:
Hope the boys can deliver something special next season. :pray:

1 Like

Oh nice now we’re getting the compilations just like with the Wenger youth project chokers.

Whatever.

4 Likes

The Nelson winner against Bournemouth, will be the new Welbz against Leicester one.

8 Likes

I don’t normally like those sorts of videos @GC-Maniac but the difference in the football- it’s night and day.

That bit against the Leeds press- where was that from April onwards?

Bloody Arsenal

2 Likes

Yeah, the way the players move, the fluidity of it all, the swagger.

It hasn’t been there. Saka, Partey, Jesus, Odegaard and Xhaka look like totally different players in those combinations.

1 Like

Probably fatigue. But it’s worrying when we consider other clubs play in 4 different competitions long stretches of the season.

We had a really gentle schedule in comparison. So to drop off like that.

No bueno and I hope Arteta learnt from this season and makes sure it’s not going to happen the next one.

2 Likes

One thing that really impresses me with Mikel is he says in the press before and after games pretty much on par with what im thinking, whether its we played well and lost, or we wasnt good enough, or about the squad or individual players.
He doesnt talk shit, he sees it like we see it which is pleasing.

He knows what we need and where we need it and hes going to go all out to get it.

We woke up every Saturday/Sunday eagerly anticipating our matches and really looking forward to seeing us play. If bringing the love back into watching us isn’t progress then I don’t know what is and I feel for you.

7 Likes

From listening to Jack Wilshere interviews, our training has been more intense then anything Jack had ever seen. That will contribute to the fatigue but considering the levels we have needed to raise our game to, it is understandable. I am hoping the more the players know their roles and what is expected of them, the training can also be managed with fitness/fatigue in mind along with a bigger squad of trusted players and that will show more progression again next season…

1 Like

I’d love to learn what is so intense about Arteta’s training regime… :thinking:

We’ve only been playing one game a week for such a long time, I would’ve thought the recovery would’ve had us ready & fresher than most opponents.

I guess it goes to show that playing often doesn’t necessarily lead to tiredness/fatigue as much as I thought it did.

1 Like

I am sure a lot of people, including other managers would like to see the training regime! Start of the season and up to WC the team looked like a well drilled machine.

Jack Wilshere has been around a while and in a few squads, he said he has never seen training as intense as Arsenal under Arteta - I know nothing but I take his word for it…

1 Like

Id imagine he does somethings similar to what Pep does considering he lived that for a few seasons as an assistant
City look fresh and ready to go every game. I dont buy that its because of that.

Pep/City have a squad that can and is constantly rotated cos there is quality throughout, but sure cos City are always fit and ready to go, our same starters week in and out won’t get fatigue without the ability to rotate…

Yep I agree, I was responding to the fact that its the training causing problems

It isnt the training, its the thin and limited quality in the first XI

The fade out is bad, we were never likely going to win the league if city went on one of these 12 + game winning runs.

But I can’t shy away from the fact we’ve only won 9 of our 18 matches in the 2nd half of the season, suffered 5 defeats and taken 9 points from our last 24.

It’s still my favourite Arsenal season in 15 years, but now it does have me questioning what to expect for next season ? Is the first half of the season the real Arsenal ? Or the second half of the season ? Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Either way unless city decline marginally, I can’t see anyone stopping them from winning 4 in a row and 6 in 7, basically no one can outdo them when the whips are cracking.

Pep has an amazing ability to know when to move players on too. He knows when to take players out of the team and how to get the best out of them before they start playing again.

People talk about his tactical skill and knowledge of the game but whatever he does on a man management level is exceptional and unlike anything I’ve ever see.

The standard just never seems to drop. Outside of the Covid season he’s basically been flawless since his first title win.

It speaks volumes on his greatness that the stick people use to beat him with is the fact he’s only won the CL twice (the same number of times as SAF and Jose Mourinho). People will always talk about his transfer spend but clubs across Europe and especially in England have spent monumental amounts of money without even coming close to being able to replicate the level of success and consistency that City have shown.

I hate the club and everything they stand for but Pep is a genius. We can’t get close to this machine.

4 Likes

Wait… what?

What?