Other Clubs' Transfers

Torreira, Mkhitaryan, Guendouzi, Xhaka and Suarez are clearly above that level. One thing to say they’re not enough to push on to the next level but another to bring them down to West Ham/Watford territory.

I consider anything below top six in the PL as mid table and there are plenty of mid table clubs that have players that would get in our first team.
Maybe it’s an exaggeration to say Torreira is mid table standard, and when he is on form Mkhitayran can be a top six player, but the other three are far too inconsistent to be considered starting players for at a top PL club.

A lot of reports said he wasn’t happy with our lack of investment as well as lack of ambition and he also said Man U gave him of a chance of winning trophies, as well as more than doubling his wages.
It’s not as if we don’t have a record of our best players leaving and then winning trophies in their first season at a new club while earning more money.

If Emery can’t turn this round and we finish outside the top four, and we have minimum investment by the board in the transfer window, then how long are Aubameyang and Lacazette going to hang around?

1 Like

That would be a great summer. We should try to buy some young prospects, then.

I do believe we have already done that.

Ok so that is true, even if they do spend money, if it’s Marina Granovskaia making the decisions I still have my doubts on Chelsea.

Partly agree, I think I’d add a midfielder before a LB and maybe even a CB. Feel people are too attack minded ahead of this window when the team is already top heavy

Our defensive issues aren’t solely, or even largely down to defensive line personnel imo. I think if we want to improve defensively as a side we have to look at the midfield downward.

Our midfield options are mostly terrible in the defensive third and we’ve struggled to control the midfield against lowly opposition at times this season. It’ll be insane if we go into next season with the same options.

It’s odd because the CM pivot under Emery at Sevilla were always defensive minded no nonsense enforcers, who were versatile depending on the mood of the match. That CM pairing was the basis for the whole team offensively and defensively, I want that here and hope we can move close to that this summer

:eyes:

An interesting one… worth a shot perhaps, depending on price. Didn’t Bayern spend a lot on him?

1 Like

Toblerone first touch and weak mentally. DO NOT WANT !

2 Likes

meh i would prefer benteke :giroud:

He reminds me of Podolski

2 of those play for the English and Italian champions 2019.

Big success.

Wenger knows.

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

“Bayern star reveals he is an Arsenal fan”

20-- wants it’s news back. :gunnersaurus:

1 Like

Barella is great. Would be a great signing.

1 Like

There’s been been a resurgence of u23 strikers doing the bits, we’re going sit on our hands and let these talents pass us by whilst Auba and Laca age and depreciate in value.

This is a dream signing.

1 Like