Other Clubs' Transfers

Fair point chaps, gotta give you that, memory failed me a bit there.

1 Like

Traditionally speaking over the last 15 years you have a very valid point. Iā€™m just not so sure about Chelsea at the moment, Roman doesnā€™t seem to be getting out the cheque book as much and this bird that his put in a position of power doesnā€™t seem to be great at her job either.

2 Likes

Yeah I might have overstated the level of certainty I should have about Chelsea. But letā€™s assume we get top four this season, I still think we need to improve a lot to match that achievement the following season. If Spurs actually sign a few players and feel settled they are likely to perform at least as well as this year, United will likely be better after spending some big money and having one manager for the season who isnā€™t a total cunt. Chelsea there are more question marks over perhaps. Iā€™m rambling now, but yeah, we canā€™t afford to be complacent if we even want to consolidate our position, let alone see further improvements.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. If we do qualify for next seasons CL, we must make the most of that attraction and the funds it brings by making significant squad additions in the summer.

Yeah we need to improve. Iā€™ll take a top 4 finish next season. All part of our progress to be a regular CL club again hopefully then build on that by going for the league.

2 Likes

If this club doesnā€™t sign some of the ballers out there in the summer Iā€™m going mad. Thereā€™s a plethora of talent and options at the moment.

3 Likes

We donā€™t have the money though

Exactly.
Apart from Ozil, who hasnā€™t been great this season and Ramsey, whoā€™s leaving, what midfield player do we have that is better than mid table level?

We have the most underwhelming midfield of any of the top clubs, with easily the worst group of defenders I have seen at the club.

We need at least one top quality CB, a Ramsey replacement and winger as the bare minimum.
Ideally a LB as well but maybe a versatile defender that can play CB and LB would be ok.

There really is no excuse in this window to get those positions filled.
I can guarantee that all our rivals will be strengthening so, unless we want to fall further behind, we had better do the same.

Bullshit

Itā€™s ambition we donā€™t have.

Not even just the top clubs. Look at Wolves with Neves and Moutinho!

2 Likes

The club (Emery) needs to have the balls to bin good not great players who arenā€™t going to be key to the success of this club in the long or short term

1 Like

Exactly. Need to cash in on the likes of Xhaka and Mkhi ASAP. We need to be ruthless and stop sleeping on opportunities. A team like Chelsea or Liverpool would sell Elneny for upwards 20m, guaranteed weā€™ll let him go for closer to 5m than 10m.
Letā€™s be smart for once. We know these playersā€™ limitations, we can definitely get better(and younger) for the cash weā€™ll get for them.

2 Likes

This summer will be telling. I suspect weā€™ll be able to spend alot because we need to retain top 4 but Itā€™s clear to me that Emery has a major hand in the strategy, he strikes me as the type to retain faith in this squad unfortunately

I wouldnā€™t get rid of :mkhi: on current form.

Exactly, need to cash in on his current form. Bring a young winger in.

Weā€™re not going to sell Xhaka. Why does this keep getting suggested?!

GRETCHEN, STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN. ITā€™S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Seen Paulo Dybala was trending and clicked to see why. United and Liverpool want him and heā€™s already said no to Inter apparently lol

Can you tell us what else will be happening in the summer window?

Because heā€™s trash and we will never be a great team until this twat is gone, thatā€™s why.

1 Like