Other Clubs' Transfers

Yeah, I got the feeling he might be a little overhyped (doesn’t take a genius to figure that possibility give his name).

What do you think of David Neres, btw? I remember that article @Burgundy posted a while back with a thorough scouting of him vs. Malcom, and I came away feeling that he was the best talent of those Eredivisie talents + Malcom. Does that hold up from someone who follows the league?

In the Eredivisie he is up there, obviously. If he’s a better talent than Malcom I’m not sure. Eredivisie and Ligue 1 are a bit night and day. I do feel like Neres has more natural ability if that make sense.

1 Like

Based on what? The signs look promising, tbh.

This is partly age though. Pea, Ozil and Mikki (£161m) are valued nearly half of what Kane, Alli and Erikson (£297m) are but they aren’t significantly worse players.

No they don’t, there’s no Anelka, Cesc, Cashley level players or anyone within 5 levels of that.

With our knack of being absolutely hamstrung in negotiations in regards to selling players, I hope we really evaluate some forward thinking in future transfers. Signing bums and putting them on nice wages absolutely has to stop. We shoot ourselves in the foot all the time trying to offload a player but their reluctance to leave because we’ve majorly bumped their wages up is a massive problem.

Vida for example; even with our status right now, we have the strongest bargaining position in the grand scheme of things. I think we need some arrogance proceeding a contract for him, the cunt. Offer him the absolute minimum. Stop gap for Koscielny is it? Whip up a contract in the room on the spot. Ink? Write it in pencil. A4 premium paper? Nope, post-it note. Screw that post-it note up and throw it at him. Accept our conditions and get the fuck out of this room now cunty.

2 Likes

So much unhappiness and doom mongering. We aren’t going to overhaul the club in one summer. Wenger and co left a big mess to clear up with so many average to poor players still on the books with no buyers.

We’ve done very well getting business done before and during the world cup, something we hardly saw in our previous regime. Gone are the days of panic buying hopefully and welcome the days of good investments such as Guendouzi and Torreira.

We need to be patient and let our new system marinate. Not to mention no matter the teams we have in place, we still won’t be able to compete with the powerhouses in the league just yet.

We’ve done very well so far to bring in much needed reinforcements and off load some deadwood. Some people will never be happy. Give it a chance.

13 Likes

And the new regime decides to give everybody extensions. Too make sure the squad doesn’t clean itself up…let’s stop putting everything on Wenger. He is gone.

1 Like

I know it’s early SD but get a coffee down your gullet and wake that pea brain up

Hahahaha, nah. Gtfo. You’re are pretty much doing the same with Wenger as you have accesed me of with Emery. Taking every opportunity you have too put blame on him.

That’s because Wenger is 100% to blame for every aspect of the squad composition in the wake of his departure.

I already stated I have issues with the new management’s approach to the window and mass renewals. That includes Emery and Sven, they need to prove themselves firstly

1 Like

So he is not 100% to blame for what the squad is right know because Mislintat and Sanhelli had every opportunity to sell players.

Yes I blame Wenger for the squad he left behind, that includes the bloated contracts to average players which makes them harder to flog for decent money and the expensive first teamers who we won’t ever recoup their initial fees on.

I have already stated my issues with new players and new deals

The new regime have had an underwhelming first transfer window. And you’re venting it on Wenger. Essentially kicking at a corpse (not pun intended because of his age :sweat_smile:).

1 Like

I’m not venting it on Wenger at all. I’m just acknowledging his sole capability in the poor composition of the majority this current squad and how that binds the new management in many negative ways

The fact that I feel our window is currently below average has no real connection with above. I feel they could have invested better totally. They’ll be judged too

The rew regime has spend close to 70 million this summer. That’s pretty much in line with what Wenger got and according to you that meant he was backed significantly. They aren’t binded to anything at all. In stead of choosing to extend and loan out Chambers they had the choice of selling him and getting his salary of the books and get some room for other wages. They chose not too.

1 Like

He’s stating that the players left behind are on Wenger. Any new renewals aren’t, but players like Welbeck, who are on wages above the weight they punch are hard to flog for decent money as these players then think they deserve high wages too. In the end, the club will just need to cut their losses and sell low for now. At lease the wage bill will be reduced.

This window was never going to be mind-blowing. We needed some stability and a refresh of the spine. We did that. We signed a fantastic striker in Jan, so I wasn’t expecting much upfront. We have addressed many of our issues and now need our new tactical manager to do the job. This squad is better than what he had at Seville and they always punched above their weight. The PL is tough, but I think we will challenge for a top 4 place and hopefully win the Europa League.

Change will take time. A few years at least. But I’m pretty optimistic. I think the balance of experience and youth brought in was pretty good. I think Leno will be more of cup/back up in time, but needed. He may surprise us. I’m hoping Cech will find his form again.

We have a couple of very promising youngsters and some solid experienced players. We can now use the up coming transfer windows for Milistat to hopefully work his magic on finding some unknowns who will be top players like he did at BVB.

5 Likes

With the Europa League wins did they punch above their weight? Because 9th, 5th and 5th in La Liga is what they are.

Your first alinea describes why the regime isn’t binded too anything.

1 Like

Wenger maybe responsible for personnel of his squad but Wenger cannot be blamed for contractual situation of those players.

The new regime minus Emery have been in place since last season and yet Ramsey’s contract situation is as it is.
Is Wenger problem again?

We are starting the season without a single reliable defender. The new regime (minus Emery) have been in place for a year and the best they could come up with was Sokratis?
Is Wenger problem again?

Nope.
Wenger had his faults but will fans stop throwing all the blame on him.

PS - Not saying we need to start throwing blame on new regime. Too early but very disappointing in terms of defenders.