Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

The problem with kroenke taking over the club is that three is no longer a board of directors invested in the club, which was familiar with the sport and the internal matters of the club, that could hold the manager accountable and make sure things are going well, or ask questions and make sure measures are taken when they don’t. It’s sort of a wisdom of the crowds thing. I think it’s not a coincidence that things started getting worse after kroenke bought out all board member.

1 Like

So this cunt has the money. He just doesn’t want to invest them for us :bellend:

Things are worse now because of the poor condition Wenger left the playing squad in.

4 Likes

Sanhelli and Mislintat have been here since late 2017? They had enough time to analyse this squad and choose a path to go on after Wenger. The state were in, which isn’t as bad as some people think imo, has (also) a lot to do with the choices the current regime made.

1 Like

Kroenke is more interested in the Rams and the forthcoming Superbowl. Hope the Patriots stuff them.

Sven joined in December 2017 and Sanhelli joined effectively in February 2018 with Gazidis leaving in October. Less than one year isn’t enough time to effect change with a club this size. We’re still working the structure out which is fine 1 season post Wenger

In anycase, the point is SD is that these decisions are made by qualified football experts independently of the owner.

6 Likes

It was their decision to give everybody an extension which might have handicapped us right now. Or not getting rid of Ramsey/Welbeck knowing full well they were in the last year of their contract. Keeping everything largely the same and to give everybody, except maybe Wilshere, another chance to prove themselves is also a choice.

I do think an owner set the frameworks within which these people are allowed to work in. I think owners have a bit more influence in deciding in which direction a club goes than we might think.

1 Like

Exactly so.

Now we can hope that gradual cheapness for a decade which has left us with such a small chance to actually compete signals the need for some actual money to be spent. It’s not just that a new manager needs a tweaked squad composition by default, we also still need quality upgrades across invariant positions. I honestly thought Emery would be given more than he got the first window, lets hope we compensate come summer.

1 Like

The sample is too small to come to a conclusive decision on the moves so far.

I seriously doubt the wage increases of the players we renewed in the summer amounts to even £100k. It’s the contacts of Ozil, Laca, Mustafi, Mhiki, Welbeck, Kolasinac and Cech that bloated.

Even then the the renewal are justifiable as asset protection and fair chance with the new manager. The worse cases ie Cech, Welbeck, Wilshere Jenks and Ramsey have not been renewed.

No one was spending money on Welbeck with a £100k contract expiring in the summer.

Once Ozil did the same, Ramsey was always run his deal down to strengthen his position against the club and test the market as a free agent. You can’t force a player to be sold, why dont people get this lol

All I really want from an owner is to appoint a competent managing director, that’s where direction comes from. That’s all this club needs or requires from the owner tbh. Time will tell if Venkatesham proves to be a good hire

1 Like

I think the influence of an owner goes further than that. Kroenke (Stan and/or Josh) could have decided that we would put everything into getting back into the Champions League increase debt etc to make that happen and cover losses if we weren’t able to achieve that goal and/or cut costs after we missed out. But that is what I mean with establishing the frameworks which Vinai, Sanhelli etc are operating in.

If the extensions are justifiable as asset protection and too give everyone a new chance under the new manager, that is not something to put on Wenger is it? That is kind of what I reacted to in the first place.

If all these stories are too believed our wages/revenue ratio are the biggest problem when it comes to changing the squad. It seems kind of counterintuitive to extend 4/5 guys when that is the hinderance in acquiring players. The first thing you would think of is too cut into those wages wherever it’s possible. It might not be the right thing to do but there are all kinds of ways to pressure players into leaving and choosing another club tbh.

Just saw this on the twitter, wonder if this impacts us at all or maybe I’m being naive.

He is not going to use his money to invest on Arsenal anyway, so there is no difference.
Also, he is an American, invest on a football team is understandable.

https://twitter.com/EduardoHagn/status/1097182491562131456

:arteta:

4 Likes

Arsenal twitter :goat:

1 Like

Prince Salman in

4 Likes

Jesus if Kroenke ever does sell it’s going to be one heck of a celebration, would feel almost as good as winning the league I reckon.

Wont top Wenger leaving for me.

1 Like

Everyone on here knows I wanted Wenger gone the last 5 or so years of his tenure, but for me Kroenke leaving would be much more of a cause for celebration, again that’s just my personal opinion.

1 Like

And my largely unpopular one, but where all under one flag. Now if Kroenke had sold up first maybe wed all of been happier.

1 Like

Want him nowhere near our club

6 Likes