Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

Funniest thing about this whole issue is the absolute hypocrisy in how people thought for years that the manager in a track suit didn’t spend any of some billionaire on another continent’s money because he is some omnipotent god who could but didn’t want to for the luls, yet after he is sacked (by himself being omnipotent and all) there is some argument that the actual owner of the club is not responsible for everything? The only one who is per definition responsible for the thing he owns. Which btw includes his own money, contrary to popular belief.

And yes he should’ve spent the money and yes that would have most likely made the difference.

So what about the windows where we had a net spend of almost nothing, or where the lack of investment in the quality we needed cost us the chance to win the PL title.

Who was the person holding the money back?
If it was Kroenke then obviously it’s his fault, or if it was Wenger that refused to buy the players everyone knew we needed then why did Kroenke let him keep his job?

If you are employing someone who everyone is telling you is dragging your investment to new lows every season, then why are you not replacing him?

On the other hand, if it was Wenger who was being told not to spend, then it is also Kroenke who is holding us back.

Since he bought the us I have seen nothing that has made me think anything other than Kroenke is a parasite who isn’t the least bit bothered about the club, but only what money he can make out of the supporters.

He totally incompetent and lacking in any ambition regarding football.
I hope he sells up to someone who does care before he drags us down even further.

Well that’s not correct. If anything needed a vote (nothing did) he had 67% of the votes so could do whatever he wanted. Whatever he wanted.

and that he started to try and do 10 years ago and managed to do (get the 6x%) 8 years ago.

are you serious, that is on wenger not kroenke…the board and everyone were pushing him to spend and said there was money and there was and he refused to do so. The board etc didnt want to interfere with what wenger was doing with the squad. So now you want an owner that forces players on a manger…i dont think you know what you want.

So if that’s true then why, after seeing this happen almost every transfer window, did Kroenke not find a replacement?

What other competent investor would watch their business fail and stagnate while all their rivals overtake them, when it was obvious the manager they were employing was responsible for what was happening?

That’s ridiculous.
When did I say that?

As i said, he did react too slowly and he shouldda looked at things a lot earlier he put too much trust in wenger and gazidis. Lets be honest even with a lot of fans we thought wenger had turned a corner. He looked to be doing ok then finally won a trophy and he was saying all thr right things…they never materialised. Stories have been circling that even for his last ever contract with us that he said certain things he wanted to do with the squad and to give him more time…he ran to stan and stan probably thought well he has been a good servant and has had some success recently so ill give him a small contract and see how it goes. Or maybe his last contract he was suss about stuff but they werent prepared and after his last season they looked into stuff and with how the season went they were like fuck this or they had found a replacement.

Uh. Why would Wenger decide how much of someone else’s money he can spend. And if he could, why wouldn’t he spend every single dollar He could. And why would Kroenke have to decide what players to buy to sanction the buys.

We all know all the signings we’ve low-balled and been priced out of and have had overtaken by other clubs who bid more etc. The idea that the limits are set and upheld by some middle hand with nothing to gain from austerity and everything to gain from competitive advantages is pretty lacking in logic isn’t it.

1 Like

where did i say this?

when you commented our lack of investments and net spend was down to Wenger and not Kroenke?

1 Like

i said that wenger was told he had a lot of money to spend and that everyone was saying for him to spend the money, and he said he felt the squad was good enough. This is a fact he used to say it all the time in interviews especially when he only bought cech. You are teilling me we could only spend 10m in 1 summer then newly promoted sides were spending more than that…utter rubbish.

Say how much “a lot” is then, especially when he only bought Cech. I’m sure we poked and prodded a bunch of deals and ended up with no other because we didn’t meet their evaluations. Because of the model we are on. That the owner set. Because he can and no one else. And that’s what he did many years ago. And didn’t change when we needed it to.

That is the exact same reason we spent 90M the next window instead ( On Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez :arteta: )

oh come on man what a weak argument at that time swiss ramble said we had the highest cash reserves of the premier league and even teams like crystal palace outspending us. Any fucking mook with 2 brain cells to rub together could see that arsene could have spent more than fucking 10m in that transfer period lets not be silly about this. Even other clubs were taking the piss much less all the people on here that were fucking fuming over it.

And that argument of spending 90m further adds to the incompetance of wenger spding that amount of money on those players plus wages hence why we are in that fucking mess and hence the reason why i say Kroenke is partly to blame for not stepping in sooner but he was probably sold a line like the rest of us. We all thought that wenger looked and sounded serious then he mugged us all off and i am sure Kroenke felt he was lied to also.

It also shows how reactionary wenger was as well, underspends thinking i will be fine then shits the bed then panic bought when things went bad. He flip-flopped so much and he never got things done when the going was good.

1 Like

Nothing silly about it at all. What Swiss Rambles says “we” have is absolutely irrelevant because no one will tell me the name of this “we” because that “we” is the owner, unsurprisingly, and he decides how much is invested. This is not a communist state here, supposed surplus, cash reserves, war chest etc. All those other words mean nothing. The owner decides the level of investment, pretty standard stuff.

We could’ve easily spent the rest of our Summer budget 15/16, say it’s £40m, on another 10 Kevin Diers, no doubt. I think Wenger felt we needed better and more expensive players so we had to wait for such opportunities. We took a chance on a german NT defender from Valencia and a Swiss NT midfielder who cost absolutely bang average sums for defenders and midfielders and it turned out that they both sucked and then he got fired from his job. So.

I am absolutely convinced Kroenke was more than content that Wenger got us CL for years with no net spend. Then when that stopped he got fired lol

1 Like

so it should do really, do you know of any big clubs that would accept constant under delivery. I think thing would have gone bad anyway he was fired because the players were not happy or playing for him you couldnt keep him after players were playing like that in his last season.

Kroenke never stopped anyone spending Wenger Spent 50m and 60m so that is 110m on 2 strikers to end up in the europa league, so this ‘wenger couldnt spend’ mantra is garbage he was just too stubborn and mostly misspent on a lot of shit. he would rather find 3 ‘gems’ put them on nutz wages then buy 1 or 2 really good players.

1 Like

I have long said, the biggest failing of Kroenke, UNLESS YOU WANT AN ACTIVIST OWNER, and/or AN OWNER THAT HAS A CONSISTENTLY LOSS-MAKING organization, is that he held onto Wenger too long - I think there should at least be some understanding of that though, which has been beaten to death and can be argued.

2 Likes

Uh. I really don’t know if you have looked into this at all.

We sold players for buckets that window and actually went plus the year we bought Laca and Auba. So you rather even made my point there, brilliant transfer window, shipped off Ox, Theo, Gibbs, Woj, Coq. etc. Got two class act strikers and went plus.

No he got sacked because he failed to get the CL after a second try, and I’m sure that is Emery’s working conditions possibly with a few years margin as well.

1 Like

aaahhh i give up, if that is what you believe and feel is the case who am i to argue. I feel it is different to that but just have to agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Fair enough

Because Wenger had been involved in Arsenal for a lot longer then kroenke, and after all that time, work and dedication put into something you get attached to it, it starts to feel like a child. And taking care of the bank balance, ensuring that the club is sustainable is part of making sure that your child is safe going forward.

The thing is, I think Wenger was a bit of a perfectionist, and after a long period in which he made some great transfers (through his scouting network obviously), when he was widely renowned for having a great eye for young talent (think of transfers like Anelka’s), he lost his edge somehow. I’ve seen people claim that the market became a lot more competitive, out that it was due to inflation etc. But for whatever reason Wenger wasn’t finding any gems at bargain prices any more, so you can understand why, as a perfectionist, he was very reluctant to spend money at that point. He was still getting top4 every season, so he was relying on the academy (u17s, u19s) to produce some gems (like wilshere). But then results started getting worse, so he did something he was never used to doing, getting some emergency reinforcements/panic buying that gave us the xhakas and mustafis of the team, and the results still haven’t improved.

But you have to admit that Wenger was totally planning on making a title/UCL winning squad, it’s just that he wanted to do it his way, the hard way, sustainably.