Squad Management

We have just one fucking competition to focus on next season. FA Cup doesn’t even start till Jan.
If we are not comfortably in Top 4, I am no longer bothering with this club.

Zero overseas travel, ample amount of time for recovery, We should be competing for the title instead of thinking about Top4 battle next season.

But this is no different to the Europa group stages where we playing the fringe elements of our squad. We were playing the likes of Mustafi and Kolasinac who got binned in January. The main team were effectively playing one game a week. I know you mention traveling and such but I’ll be shocked to see an improvement based on those factors.

1 Like

Yeah I guess that is true

Playing 2 games per week will always be a distraction. No Europe means more time spent in training ground focusing on a single upcoming opponent.
It’s a big boost for our chances in the PL next season. We’ll see if Arteta takes advantage of it.

1 Like

Top 6 would be progress and Europa Proper and as long as you’re making progress that’s the main goal

Top 4 is possible with the right recruitment. Liverpool might be past the end of their cycle. Winaljum and Milner are gone and Henderson is getting on there in years. There’s no saying how VDV gets back to form. Thiago didn’t have a great first season and is also in his 30s now. Also I wonder if clubs are figuring out Klopp’s tactics abit as their attacks are kind of predictable.

Chelsea winning the CL doesn’t make them a dominant domestic force. They lost their last game of the season that they needed to win and the FA Cup final. There are clear flaws

No it won’t. It’s ‘progress within stagnation’ at best.

2 Likes

Yeah we can’t afford to be out of the cl for too long, we need top 4, just solidifying how mid table we are if we finish in the EL spots despite our expensive squad.

We are going to be broke bitches sooner or later.

1 Like

I know we’ve failed 4 times in a row, but Europa League still is an easier route to the CL than the Premier League. United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool simply have better teams. Chelsea is not going to be as bad again, Liverpool might. Finishing 5th or 6th means something only because of that.

Oh. Plus it fucking sucks that the likes of West Ham and Tottenham finish above us. Besides all the money BS that alone should be more than enough reason.

1 Like

We need to move most of these guys. :sweat_smile:

This was true prior to the commencement of the loans also.

1 Like

Backup LB sorted?

That’s a nice kit. Umbro did wonder the past season.

Fuck.

And fucking hope not, we need to move on from these levels of trash.

1 Like

I know football doesn’t always work like that but we really did let a lot of good young talent go for really bad sums of money. Even if you also add someone like Reine-Adelaide who looked at one point like he had good potential.

I think that the later Wenger years can be punctuated by his desire to abandon his belief in young players in search of a desperate attempt to remain a top 4 team and sign talent like Mustafi and Xhaka. Maybe that’s an over simplification of our issues but we fumbled down really good talent.

7 Likes

Whisper it quietly, Gnabry didn’t have a good season. :grimacing:

Now AC has gone, I can admit Gnabry was a massive fuck up by us.

9 Likes

Going of off the reporting of Wheatley and The Bell, we’re potentially lining up like this the coming season:

-------------------Onana-----------------------
----Bellerin----White----Gabriel—Tierney----
--------Sambi Lokonga-------Partey-----------
----Saka----------Maddison------Smith Rowe-
----------------Aubameyang-------------------

This is not better than Liverpool, United, City and Chelsea have on offer. We’ve fucked up by not getting into the CL via the backdoor (EL wins).

Where’s Pepe?

1 Like

I personally think he’s still in the doghouse of Arteta / Arteta prefers Smith Rowe. Pepe as the back up of Saka and Smith Rowe.

Tbf, we’re most likely signing a new starting RB and CM as well.
And there’s the possibility of signing a striker on top of it too.