Squad Management

Will we need a back up LB for Tierney now that Kola has gone ?

Really hope we can get a hybrid 10 / LW.

CM to partner Partey.

Back up keeper as we can’t have that no 2 we have now playing games.

CB to partner Gabriel pending on the Saliba situation.

I’d look to raise some funds this summer probably selling one of Bellerin or AMN. Sell Xhaka and probably Lacazette which would mean we need a younger profile striker as back up also. Get whatever wed can for Eddie and Willock as neither are good enough.

At least in the summer we clear the wages of Ozil, Luiz, Mustafi.

Lineup

Leno, whoever remains AMN or Bellerin, Saliba ( or signing ), Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, New signing, Saka, New signing, Martinelli and Auba.

4 Likes

I guess Soares might be seen as cover? AMN can play there as well. Do not want to see Saka back there again whatever the situation, despite how well he performs in the role. Needs to make the attacking wide spot his own.

1 Like

AMN is pretty versatile, can Soares play LB I’m not sure ?

I agree wholeheartedly regarding your sentiments on Bukayo Saka.

I’m sure it was mentioned Soares is capable of playing there, but just how well is a different matter :grin:

1 Like

Yeah we he can’t play his preferred position well so one could only imagine how he’d go at LB.

We should sign AZ’s Wijndal. Top LB prospect.

No. That is where Maitland-Niles comes in. The stretch of games of which everyone likes him so much he played as a left wingback.

1 Like

By the end of this summer :pray::

Leno, ****, ****
Tierney, AMN
Bellerin, Cedric
Holding, Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Chambers, Mavro
Partey, ****, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Elneny
Saka, ESR, Pepe, Martinelli, ****, ****
Aubameyang, Lacazette, ****

Outs
Runarsson
Kolasinac
Luiz
Sokratis
Mustafi
Ozil
Cebollos
Torreira
Willian
Willock
Nelson
Nketiah

The fact we could field an eleven of players that need to go shows just how bloated our squad is :grin:

2 Likes

If it is all about emotional, the all out team could beat the staying team, I bet

1 Like

I’d guarantee no midfielder scoring the winner on either side.

Possibly a bicycle kick goal by Torreira

2 Likes