Space Thread

The ultimate Christmas gift for us geeks :nerd_face:

Too much can go wrong, I’m just nervous lol first the launch, then the unfolding which will take weeks and can’t be fixed manually. If all that works out then the remote mirror calibrations have to work which will take months to set up. Na I’m just nervous lol

1 Like

:pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like
3 Likes

Any space for dummies type podcast’s anyone could recommend? Not YouTube, want something for when I’m running.

1 Like
3 Likes

So the stupid telescope unfolded successfully which was quite the delicate task where a myriad of things could go wrong but didn’t. It’ll keep travelling for another couple of weeks until it reaches roughly where it’s supposed to be.

There it’ll more or less orbit it’s own arse and stare at some star for several months, as aligning the 18 primary mirrors to look at the exact same shit take forever when they move at the speed a blade of grass grows.

Assuming it doesn’t fuck that up on the first try it then has to spend a month or two calibrating the rest of the crap you don’t care about and if it doesn’t fuck those up either we can maybe get cool pictures by summer :+1:

9 Likes

Amazing that we’ll be able to see images from millions of miles away and yet I can’t get a fucking decent phone signal from within my house.

1 Like

Exactly can’t believe people lap this shit up :rofl:

1 Like