Southampton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Terrified Willian will play LW with no Auba.

1 Like

Expect a draw.

Martinelli the more like for like change. Pepe before Willian too, surely.

Like that lineup. Think Auba will not make it so Martinelli can take his place. And once ESR is done after 60 -65 mins, we can bring on Xhaka, and push Ceballos up.

2-1 Arsenal.

1 Like

I want to see a good solid away performance that we all know we can achieve, this will all depend on how many changes Arteta makes ,
I’d like to see a 1-3 away win .
Good solid win , no injuries and plenty of attacking goal scoring opportunities ready for the weekends clash , a good confidence winning result
COYG

2 Likes

If Willian plays, no chance of a win here

5 Likes

Arteta disasterclass incoming.

2 Likes

On the basis that we’re very inconsistent and we played badly last time, I’m going for an Arsenal win

1 Like

No good.

Tierney and Auba likely both out is horrid.

4 Likes

Least this was told before the FPL deadline so I can bench Tierney now haha

Cabellos injury takes one bum out of the reckoning at least .

1 Like

I’m less fussed about Auba than about Tierney.

Our left side could be brutal again.

This is also the second small leg problem Tierney has had this month. We are overplaying him and need a competent backup LB badly.

Saka and Martinelli have good chemistry. Wouldn’t mind this at all.
1 Like

Saka has to play in midfield. Tierney being injured is a loss but let’s not compound it by removing another one our bright spots from the equation and be worse in two areas.

2 Likes

He didn’t have a problem at LB in the past. At least with Martinelli he will have someone to help him out too whereas with Auba he didn’t.

I don’t doubt Saka’s LB ability. I just doubt our ability to create chances by taking him out of midfield.

Pepe and Martineli started on the wings on the weekend and it was not pretty.

To be fair to them, they will now have Laca and ESR to play it off with.
Martinelli will also have Saka on his side and Pepe will have Cedric on his side from the start.

I agree. I think we got less threatening against Southampton on Saturday when Arteta made the change that moved Saka to LB.

You can’t have a system where you lose your LB to a knock and all of a sudden you need to move your most creative forward away from the goal.

AMN or Cedric just needs to step up and we really need to buy a decent left footed backup LB because Tierney doesn’t seem like he’ll be playing twice a week all the time going forward.

1 Like