Southampton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Nice win, away from home and a clean sheet.
We’re back on track for a CL place. :grinning:

1 Like

honestly wish I could like this again :rofl:

1 Like

This club is crazy, I had convinced myself - like others I’m sure) that we were going to lose this match, it’s the hope that a result like this could happen which has burnt me too many times.

A clean sheet, two goals away from home, I don’t know what to do with myself without that tinge of disappointment hanging over our heads :rofl:

Happy for Nketiah and Willock :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.Eddie looks like a baby in the post-match interview(so young) or I don’t know if it’s me getting older - I’m only in my late 20’s

4 Likes

I thought we’d get a draw but an away win and clean sheet was a bonus.
We’ve got Norwich next which should be another win but then Wolves, Leicester, spurs and Liverpool.
It’s those games that will be the measure of what we can do.

1 Like

What does Pepe bring?? 72mil…facking hell!!

I think Bellerin needs a full pre season and see where he’s at.

I thought we’d get tonked but a great result.

9 Likes

I chose not to watch the game today after the latest two shit shows. Must try that more often! Saw the highlights though, two blunders by the Saints leading to goals. I guess we will have to rely on such things going forward.

2 Likes
1 Like

Great result, decent defensive performance, we put a few good balls behind for Auba to run on to, in short, something to build on.

9 Likes

Great that we won but also showed we are at least two years away from competing for a prem title or something in Europe. Young players showed real determination but we lack a team of experience. Pepe again showed he just hasn’t settled in the prem and maybe won’t.

2 Likes

I think it’s all going to stem from what Arteta does with these young players, mate.

It sounds simplistic, but if he can teach, nurture and cultivate the youth at Arsenal, then even the young players with limited talent will be putting good shifts in.

Big ask, though

2 Likes

Would prefer to give Arteta time and back him with players - think we have the making of a good manager if he is backed properly and given a chance !?

1 Like

Possibly. Thing is I haven’t even seen a glimmer from Arteta to suggest he’s even better than Emery, let alone anyone else

1 Like

We’ve not been giving up the amount of chances on our goal in the later days of Emery. That has to be something :grin:

1 Like

I want the ghost of Wenger laid to rest permanently

That means getting rid of all players, coaches, scouts and anyone else infected by the old regime. That would include the owners but I guess we won’t see the back of them any time soon.

So, arteta for me needs to go. I never rated him as a player and see no reason why we should have given him the job.

well in fact I can. the board and others wanted a man they could control and strip the power to recruit from. “Head coach” is now the job title.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with this model. Most clubs works with it anyway. But the chief decision maker has to be competent. Never liked the fact that we signed a Barcelona man / catalan cunt.

1 Like

I think we look better then we did under Emery this season, not that is says that much.

I can’t say I see next big thing as far as managers go in Arteta though, which was my hope when we got him.

3 Likes

I still want ALL ties to the Wenger era gone whatever the model

Don’t worry its heading that way. Enjoy the championship my dood :+1::joy: