Something Going Down in Turkey!

Your information is not accurate.

At least it’s a good thing. Now we know Erdogan is a fascist leading an islamic theocracy. They can’t join the EU.

Fake bombing. Look at where it strikes.

That’s just disgusting!

It has been said that some of these guys were told that this was an exercise. But I don’t know if that is true.

Squaddies have been fed bullshit since the dawn of armies, SD. Human life is cheap in war. We used to have an old saying: “Believe half of what you see, and fuck all of what you hear.”

Not much changes, I’m afraid.

Are you still convinced democracy won last weekend? Turkey is fastly becoming a fascist state.
Meanwhile, Gomez has left Besiktas, as he doesn’t want to stay there.

Right, but what you have to remember is some people willingly vote for that authoritarian nationalistic ideology. To those, it’s a desirable way not only to govern, but also to be governed. History is littered with dictators who were voted in democratically.

So whether democracy won or lost is entirely subjective. In fact one may argue that a military coup, against a democratically elected government, could itself be described as authoritarian.

But what about when this elected government becomes authoritarian? Can we justify a coup?

Whether it’s justifiable depends on what side of the divide you sit :slight_smile:

Democracy without freedom doesn’t exist.

Erdogan becoming more and more of a sneaky cunt.

Europe don’t give a shit about Turkish people apparently, what’s best for them and how bloody the Coup was going to be. As they supported the Egyptian Coup despite crimes against humanity, they would have supported the Turkish Coup.

Austrian airport propagates ‘travelling to Turkey will only support Erdoğan’

They’re a tabloid that don’t have anything of importance to say.

1 Like

@Cannon, sorry mate, but if a military coup was illegal, what about Erdogan is doing? He is behaving like a dictator.

I wish we had a dictator like him who could protect us from the Coup. Coup is like alien invasion, kills everything insight, and believe me it would have created more violence and terrorist groups. Coups is as dangerous as a cancer to body.

I believe Europe is not worried about democracy, don’t let me start crying :cry:, they are concerned about their safety, refugees and terrorist groups. In my humble view, Erdogan is better for the stability of the region. Coup, would have been extremely violent, and violence only brings violence.

Let’s give things a chance to settle down and wait for the bigger picture before our final verdict.

Many people have been arrested or fired without any evidence. We have different levels of democracy in Europe after 1945.

tbf there’s a lot more to the situation than the attempted coup though. they’re actively cleaning Turkey of everything that is opposed to their ideas, which I find to be a very worrying trend and something every politician in Europe should be critical of.

2 Likes

@Luca_from_Italy @PPB I see Coup as the biggest blow to democracy, and a Coup attempt is a very serious thing, it needs to be dealt with very seriously, as its an attempt to destroy the country, it a first degree treason to Turkish people.

Probably all the arrests and dismissals will be appealed and it’s merely a precaution until everything gets under control. History of Turkish coups and how bloody they were is pretty much dreadful, that’s why most Turkish people even the opposition have sided with Erdogan against a Coup.

May be I’m a bit biased, I won’t deny it, but I’m living in a country that is living under a coup for about 60 years, and our only attempt for electing democraticly a president after a soft revolution ended up misrably with another coup, and the president who was elected democraticly now is sentenced to death, and nobody gives a shit about him. I saw hundreds of dead bodies, killed ones by the army and and police, I witnessed a Coup live.

And by the way, had the coup of Tureky succeeded, there would have been thousands of innocents killed or in prison forever, it demolishes any aspect of a civil state, the country becomes a camp, and in a state of war and emergency all the time. No human rights or civil rights, and of course European leaders would sit on table with them holding hands, no problem, our cunt of a president is europes best friend.

@Cannon
Fair enough. It’s understandable that you have a problem with the act itself and I agree that it would have been anti democratic to remove him by force. That being said it’s more the aftermath that concerns people and in all honesty I think it’s unlikely that a lot of the suspended people will be put back unless there’s some major change. It also doesn’t help that Erdogan has been highly vocal towards the rest of Europe, while actively threatening countries and generally just making the situation worse.

1 Like

@Cannon, you can’t remove an elected government with a military coup. The problem is that a democratic government can’t arrest the opponents.
Btw, Erdogan has attacked us today just because we are investigating his son. He thinks to be the king of the world, telling everyone what to do.