Something Going Down in Turkey!

It’s basically the Turkish Armed that have become increasily fed up with Erdogan’s ego and now they are revolting against him. They are defending secularism against islamism.

1 Like

They’re greedy cunts and they want to take power and they took advantage from what’s going on in the country. I’m not an Erdogan supporter, but I’m 100% against military coups, and I’m with democracy.

I don’ t think he’ll give up power at least he doesn’t sound like he wants to go quietly. The way I see it This will now rule Turkey out of EU membership for another 10 years whilst locking down the border with Syria and stopping it being a transit point.

It’s the military that defend the secular nature of the state, in the spirit of Attaturk, whenever the government slip into troubling behaviour. Erdogan has/had quite a strong stance on an Islamic state and the military which are part of the establishment that has secularised the country over the last century. If there is a coup, it will make Turkey less “muslim”, if anything, and as if that is the main issue, which it isn’t.

But at the same time Turkey is a big country that is, or was, on the cusp of becoming a mature democracy. Erdogan was a step away from that, and military coups are like a step back by a couple of decades.

1 Like

Turkey runs the risk of entering into a civil war now, as Erdogan supporters are marching on in Instanbul.

From what I understand that won’t be the case. The militants don’t like Erdogan mainly because he’s allowed Turkey to be that go between for ISIS. More likely that the US will work with the new Government. It’s not a Democracy thing it’s a get rid of Erdogan thing, which I guess is pretty undemocratic considering he won almost 50% of the popular vote.

Ok, I agree with most of your post. However I was referring to the “Army” who will not give up power to people back after taking charge, not Erdogan, but taking about Erdogan’s situation, he has asked from Turkish people via a mobile video call to down in the streets to demonstrate against the coup. So in my eyes, he out of control, out of power and with not too much to do, it’s not up to him anymore.

I don’t see the military defending the secular nature, may be that’s what they say, but coming to power with a gun is against democracy and against any secular nature. I think you’ve been to Turkey before, did you see it close to an Islamic state or close to a modern EU state? Not because it has a Muslim majority it has to wipe it off to be more European, what will the military do? I’m seeing them oppressing people, creating hatred and dragging the country to a possible civil war. I’m living under a coup in Egypt myself and I know how the cunts protect themselves.

You always have solutions when there is a state with institutions and judiciary system in a democratic country with secular principles. Just then there are solutions, civil ones. but what the military are doing is that they’re are dragging the country to black and white era and risking the safety of Turkish people.

Civil war about to erupt, i think.

World is fucked up :expressionless: unbelievable!

Edit:

I know what the military will drag the country to, they’re mostly armed nation, unlike Egypt with it’s peaceful demonstrations.

1 Like

@Cannon can tell you all about how ‘nice’ Egypt is now they got rid of that evil Islamist Morsi for that nice secular man Sisi.

If you think the army will relinquish power and call an election (i.e. That this will do anything apart from kill democracy) then I don’t know what to tell you.

Erdogan is a massive prick who has gone senile and stayed in his post way too long imo. But despite all that, he was elected in a fair and democratic election to a majority government, in a more representative electoral system than the UK has, I may add.

All opposition parties have condemned the coup strongly.

This coup is a disgrace and I hope it fails hard.

People taking to the streets against the army’s curfew restrictions. Mosque imams calling for people to resist via their loudspeakers. Good luck for these brave people.

Also sounding like it isn’t the whole army and there are some but a few generals. There seems to be discord there.

I hope and think this coup fails.

2 Likes

Exactly! Nobody should fall for military coups in the 21st century. The Egyptian Coup was three years ago, more than 4000 civilians have been killed by military or police, more than 40,000 are imprisoned. That’s the type of freedom and democracy the soldiers bring. We’re living in a camp, not a country, economic future getting darker. They only care about staying in power on the expense of the people’s benefits and interests. Sisi was the head of the army, the minister of defense, now he’s put a suit and a tie and doing a president. He is the most hated human being in the history of Egypt. Not to mention how militant groups emerged in the past three years, he created terrorism and hatred among the Egyptian people in the country.

This whole situation feels really really fishy to me. Cant help but think Erdogan is somehow in on this or allowed this to foster. Whether he did or not the outcome is the same either way. Erdogan will rule with an iron fist.

So the coup attempt has apparently failed! The people of the country went into the streets on support of the government.

This is one of the most unbeleiveable things ive ever seen. Live stream of CNN where soldiers broke in. Camera still rolling.Nothing to see now though but sound still going. Lots of gunshots and commotion.

Reporters: “What’s happening?”
Erdogan: “We’ve got it under control”
explosions happen in background, parliament being bombed
Reporters: “What was that?”
Erdogan: “I have no idea what you’re talking about”

You have a false understanding of what all this means then.

The exact opposite has occurred, Erdogan has lost ALL power and stability.

Some people are saying this is a false flag to give the president nore power…

Hmmmm I dont know, I can certainly see him using this to his advantage.

1 Like

Wow! Some serious shit was going on last night.

I’m happy with the outcome so far. Fuck coups :fu:t2:

1 Like