Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Mate if your going to die on a hill, make it bigger than a speed bump.

1 Like

hEs NoT fAsT:

Third fastest dood on the team with Bellerin and Auba.

hE wOuLd JuSt CoNcEeD a PeNaLtY:

Has conceded a whopping zero penalties this year.

Lulululul seriously I’d be embarrassed if some moron from across the globe had a better understanding of the sport I’ve been watching my entire life :joy::joy::+1::+1:

He may have conceded zero penalties but in the words of a yank, let’s not act like he hasn’t been “ hot garbage” this season and he wouldn’t have made one iota of difference Sunday.

4 Likes

I wasn’t being serious in regards to the penalty. You don’t have to take things so literally. My point was he has been shit this season so to say we wouldn’t have conceded the goal with him on the pitch is fanciful. We’ve conceded worse goals than that with him on the pitch.

3 Likes

Technically he did concede a penalty against Spurs, it just wasn’t given :smiley:

He’s been our worst defender this season.

Our CB signings for years have been fucking horrific. That’s got to change

2 Likes

I only remember him busting a nut down the touchline to beat Son in a foot race, he did that on multiple occasions. Bags of pace and top notch tackling ability woulda came in handy especially in that match. Pukki wasn’t getting near goal the way he did when he scored if Papa were there. But yay Mustafi backing the starting xi :joy::joy::+1::+1:

I agree he would have taken him down the way a rhino takes down a mandalorian

1 Like

Agreed, Papa has a high football IQ, and understands our defense and particularly our midfield has no shape or organization. So he ends up using those yellows in a very strategic way. They might have got a free kick outside the box, but he wouldn’t have allowed the dood to waltz into the penalty area and put in an half assed challenge that resulted in a massively deflected shot on target.

yeah no :rofl:

Ya huh

I really hope Willem Saliba is an instant hit, because we fucking need him to be.

5 Likes

We need to sign someone else to play alongside him aswell. :joy:

2 Likes

Have we given up on Holdini? :santi:

1 Like

Still better than Mustafi. It’s not much but.

1 Like

I’ve watched him a couple of times and he seems to be an elite talent from my small sample size.

1 Like

Yeah so far this season I think the verdict is he’s trash, alongside Chambers too.

We’ll need to but probably at minimum 2 more cbs to support Salina.

4 Likes

Those same stats have Sokratis and Mustafi faster than the likes of Lacazette and Welbeck lelelel. By a whopping 0.2 or so m/s, real hare vs tortoise stuff that

Sokratis probably faster than Pepe or our cohort of teenage wingers too, isn’t that right my dood :joy:

2 Likes

Papa was .03 behind Bellerin running at 95% capacity. Then there’s also what you should be able to see with the naked eye which is Papa never losing a foot race on the pitch against pretty much any striker in the league.

1 Like

I liked how enthusiastic he was on the bench cam at Norwich. Showed good team spirit and passion.