Sokratis Papastathopoulos

This hairy bastard will help my one and only tzatikiGOD develop to the greatest CB in the world.

2 Likes

As we are looking for another CB, Mustafi is surely leaving this summer.

The first friendly is 12 days from now and the window closes at the 11th of august, start of the season. They have to do business earlier.

How do you know we’re looking for another CB though?

That’s what I am querying. I’m not disagreeing that Mustafi should be sold, i’m just saying I don’t think he will be sold because I haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is going anywhere or that we are bringing someone in to replace him. The window closes in a month.

1 Like

That hasn’t made a difference in the past…there have been plenty of transfer windows when we have needed to get players in early but failed miserably

Remember back to summer 2011…we sell Fabregas and Nasri in the summer and it’s not until deadline day that we sign Andre Santos (from Fenerbahce), Per Mertesacker (from Werder Bremen), Yossi Benayoun (from Chelsea, on loan) and Mikel Arteta (from Everton).

Arsenal have been rubbish with transfer dealings since we lost David Dein UNTIL the new team of Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi was put together by Gazidis. This is the start of a new era for our club!

5 Likes

We seem to be interested in Benatia and we strongly linked to that turkish guy. Enough to say Mustafi is on the edge.

1 Like

We had also had summers when business was done on time. Anyway, not sure what this has to do with it being quiet around Soyuncu.

There’s no point Mustafi at a loss. Still at a good age and a good physical level

I want to give him a chance, I think his dynamic skillset will mesh well with Emery’s tactics. His technique will be essential for resisting the opposing press

3 Likes

??? What skillset? How is Mustafi dynamic? I admit he is good at falling over at critical moments…Mustafi has been next to useless this season. Awful player…we should have sold him last summer.

Gunnersaurus would be a better option that Mustafi!

Mustafi still has a good defender in him. When he is on it he is unreal. Like the NLD win at the Emirates last season

2 Likes

We played well as a team at the NLD at the Emirates…one of the best team performances of the season IMO.

Mustafi has never had a good defender in him and we can’t afford another season of defensive errors that cost us points.

2 Likes

I’d rather we sold him as he’s a dumbass but it doesn’t look like happening but let’s see.

Inter dodged a bullet and are now getting De Vrij instead of (I’d assume) Mustafi. Should have sold him to them there and then.

He played well tonight

1 Like

Solid greek rock.

That has a chance of crumbling like their economy

3 Likes

Nice banter, tbh :mustafi:

Not tonight lads

6 Likes

Sexy bastard Sokratis is.

3 Likes

Sup mister positive, why so positive?

I wanna say he wasn’t bad today? Didn’t see him making any huge error but I dunno

What do you guys think?

2 Likes