Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Mustafi Vs United tomorrow then.

We are fucked.

Also this is one of the worst signings we have made, in that the time was ripe to actually get somebody good we could build something with.

But again they went for a patchwork, short term option. And this time literally everyone could see this would end badly.

One of the most pointless wastes of £17million pounds. Just to add another player to shift.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Holding supposed to be ready by now. Don’t get it. Same with Bellerin.

1 Like

Yeah, when’s that behnchod Holding gonna come in?

They got injured in October 2019 ffs.

@Sol ‘s and my uneasy temporary alliance with the BASTARD begins here then :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have no idea why we didn’t go for Evans if we need a steady ready made solution, way cheaper and plays in the league.

5 Likes

The mind boggles

Holding is in full training. Let’s all pray he’s good to go.

1 Like

No way is it one of our worst signings lol Sokratis honestly isn’t that bad. He can be a bit clumsy but that is basically every defender these days, City have Stones and Otamendi who regularly fall over and do dumb clumsy shit.

His pace and pretty good tackling ability, plus the intangible toughness help his case.

And that’s what makes Sokratis our best current CB imo. I’ve always not been a fan of Luiz and his time here so far hasnt changed that feeling.

Also Holding has an atrocious hairline so cant expect him to do well in a backline.

6 Likes

I agree with you.

If, however, Luiz continues to play like he did against Chelsea, he could end up being one of our most astute signings in recent history

To be fair to Luiz, he is actually great in the air most of the time. I actually feel relatively comfortable with aerieal threats on Luiz’ side of the pitch, he’s pretty decisive and likes to attack the ball (in a defensive sense lol).

I just don’t trust the other stuff lol

3 Likes

Wasn’t Evans coming off a relegation? Also, imagine pairing him with Mustafi. Not hard to see that pairing being a disaster with Xhaka doing Xhaka things and Emery not being able to figure out a formation. I have no doubt if we had signed Evans we would have ruined him.

He’s certainly better than the mustafis, but in terms of how obvious it was that he wasn’t what we needed, it rankles me especially.

For me he is dodgy. He was alright at his peak but hes well past that now and when we bought him.

You’re right stones and otamendi are dodgy, and look how they’re doing now Laporte is out, Otamendi is shit and he’s clowning weekly.

I’ll give you that he is still fast and is basically competent, but Luiz and Chambers are better for me.

Agreed on holding :arteta:

Just think we should have aimed higher and more long term.

You’re right but we did that to Sokratis instead anyways.

Only thing is, we would have paid £3m for the pleasure of ruining him. We paid £17m for the pleasure of ruining Sokratis.

If we were gonna just add a body and change nothing in terms of the clownishness of our defence, why not go for the cheaper option?

Anyways, happy new year lads! Just got booze spilt all over my nice shoes ffs, I hate NYE nights out :santi:

1 Like

Why are you wearing good sneakers to a party where there’s going to be heavy drinking? Never wear the fresh kicks to a heavy drinking party! :gabriel:

1 Like

Papa was great today, our best CB defensively anyways.

1 Like

Think that was David Luiz personally, but both were good so splitting hairs really

1 Like

Thought he was going to kill Torreira in his goal celebration - watch his face and reaction when Torreira gets to him :rofl: dude needs a chill pill :pill:!?

5 Likes

fucking Torreira trying to lift him like Atlas cracked me up lol :rofl:

4 Likes

This guy just makes me laugh so much.

Just everything he does :arteta:

Look:

:ozil:

1 Like

yeah he’s been better recently without a doubt, I think the high intensity football suits him better and he fits in more naturally under Arteta than he did under Emery and Lumberg. He is the quickest on the feet out of all our midfielders probably and his attitude is good. Still needs to weed out some errors but as with all our other players it might be down to shaky systems where no one knows where anyone is or what to do.

1 Like

Given him plenty of stick but tonight even in a bad first half he didn’t hide. Decent fully committed game.