1 Like

Haha i’d prefer to do that with our other Greek God

2 Likes

Solid af

Just don’t know what you see in him. I’m with @JakeyBoy on this one :joy:

4 Likes

Loved he celebrated that slide tackle haha

1 Like

He’s done that a few times this season, he’ll block a shot or win a goal kick and act like he’s just scored :laughing:

I love it though.

3 Likes

Do you want to upset Olly? :xhaka:

Out for a month.

ffs

Wow, we can’t catch a break at all.

Game over… wave the white flag… this means lots of Moose and Bullwinkle at CB, which is just calamitous at this stage… add to that Bellerin is out for rest of season…

We’ll finish 5th/6th now - hope we can hang on in the Euros b/c this injury crisis has doomed us.

1 Like

At least he’ll be back to play a part in Europa.

Top four wasn’t happening regardless.

6 Likes

Problem is now these injured players will get built up to being much better than they actually are. We are stronger with them obviously but seriously want upgrades on all of them.
Such a mess but cant comprehend how somebody loan wise or signing is not made now.

1 Like

We are only 3 points out of it and Chelsea will have their wobble and injuries… we absolutely could have nicked it - not saying we were favorites, but we were absolutely in the convo - before Holding went down and the series of massive injuries hit us, we were even odds or close.

Of course - Koss is past it and was injured most of season. Papa isn’t great, but probably our best CB going into next season… Holding will be coming back from long injury, same with Bellerin… Monreal will be another year older. Chambers will hopefully be shipped out. Less said about Moose, the better - hopefully he is shipped out as well. If we buy top CB to pair with Papa and Holding, we can make a big difference imho… maybe Medley can be #4 then (or another signing).

We have issues all over the pitch, but one top CB would make a huge difference. Put a VVD next to Papa or healthy Holding and we are totally different - fix the midfield in front of them and it is completely different complexion imho.

At that time though united were not being considered as getting in the race.

They are even with us atm, with us ahead on GD - they are on crazy run, but will have their wobble as well… it is ridiculous to throw up white flag against teams with 3 points and even points respectively.

It is the injury situation that completely changes the convo.

Not really. Uniteds form and squad was 2nd best last season and now the shackles are off quite formidable. I mean they have pulled a big lead back on us already.
Yeah they will drop points but we are not likely to go on a big unbeaten run again this season. Chelsea also have a lot more structure than us and always harder to beat.
I just see us as the weakest squad compounded by injuries but having less qualities than the rest anyway.

2 Likes

We were weakest squad at start of season and not favorites… but that isn’t the same as saying we have no chance - that is ridiculous when you are 3 points behind 4th and only have 2 teams to compete with for it (unless you factor in the Spuds factor of capitulation)… a couple of key injuries to Utd or Chelsea (like we have) would massively change their fortunes too.

Take Hazard out for 6 months - game over for them. Utd have more depth in various places and no absolutely key players - I reckon they are favorites above us atm as well, but I still think if we ran simulations 100 times, there are 20+ that we take 4th.

We come back to my original point here. I think that our 3 injured players are still not enough for me to change my opinion on. I dont rate Bellerin or the greek as good enough. Holding is still at a potential level.
Tactically we are falling short all over the park because of lack of quality. Would love you to be right but think a lot of people under estimate Chelsea, while the threat of united is clearly evident.
I think spurs are the one if any of an implosion but thats at a reach tbf.