Sokratis Papastathopoulos

LOL pretty much… Mustafi was an absolute joke today… our worst player by miles on the day.

Lol, I saw him dive in again and was like ‘ffs Sokratis’ but then he murdered the poor attacker :arteta:

Had to hold my hands up for that one, fair play. Was very good today.

Thought he had a great match today.

Is it just me or is this narrative about him being slow a bit of a myth?

2 Likes

Our best defender today - also, apparently he won some recent sprint contest at Arsenal (other than one player?). I think the issue is that he isn’t very quick (acceleration), but once he gets up to full speed, the guy is fast.

Think he came third behind Auba and Bellerin in that order.

1 Like

Surprised how good he has been tbh

1 Like

Solid as a rock

Emery on Sokratis…
We don’t know now but the first analysis is that the doctors will wait until tomorrow. It’s his knee but I’m hoping it’s not too serious.

Knee? Ahhh crap… I thought it was just a blow to the thigh, which can be quite painful and difficult to run off, but generally involve treatment that can get you back out there in a week or two at most unless very severe.

Fingers crossed. He has been good for us so we can’t afford to lose him.

1 Like

Sokratis
Right dead leg during Everton match on Sunday. Currently being assessed ahead of Wednesday’s match with Brentford.

He’s fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good. Back for Watford, then.

FFS Paps.

I wanna see him and Holding hold it down for us.

2 Likes

FFS! Just hope it was precautionary. We can’t miss our best CB now.

Frustrating, looks the :clown_face: Mustafi will have to continue to partner Holding in his absence.

1 Like

Fuck! and against Vardy!

Nightmare of a signing him. Drawn out of position easily and just ends up being a fucking turnstile. He will be a big part of the spuds game plan next week.

I thought he had a mixed game. Looked sluggish at times, not to mention adding wrestling to his game. But he made a good interception to stop Callum Wilson scoring and he showed great strength, particularly towards the end of the game. Not overly concerned about him right now to be honest.

3 Likes

First game back in a long time, so yeh he looked a bit rusty. I thought he mostly had a good game tho.

3 Likes