Phones Thread

One plus master race checking in.

2 Likes

I have One+ 5 and the wife recently got the 6T. Superb phones and I can’t see myself buying another phone for the next 2 years.

Really can’t stand Apple. Once owned the 2nd Gen iPod and had to use a MacBook for 6 months at work. Since then I’ve decided no to go near an apple product ever.

3 Likes

I’d like to get an iPhone/macbook but fuck the apple ecosystem man.

I’ve just had my Apple ID account deactivated and I have no clue why. And am I fuck trying to get it back, will take me 3 days and they’ll probably ask me to remove one of my kidneys so they can verify its me.

I’ll stick to my Samsung thank you very much.

Upgraded from my iPhone 6 to the XS and to be fair it’s a nice phone but miss the 6 ? Still won’t be upgrading again for a few years yet !!

1 Like

I’m currently using the Pixel (1st gen). I love it. I had been on an iphone since the iPhone 4, but I just got tired of it. It’s ridiculous how each become so useless after awhile. The last I had was a 6S and it just started doing some weird shit. Love my Pixel. Want the Pixel 3, but I just can’t afford it. Happy to wait for a more reasonable deal as my Pixel works just fine. I always hated the Samsung Galaxy as the UI just sucks and so much bloatware. The unlimited Google Photo storage is a huge bonus. I’ve really become a photo hoard since having my son.

I’m still happy with my OnePlus 5 with Nova Launcher. The new OnePlus 6T would be worth upgrading imo, but not a priority.
I’d never use a Samsung device again too. Had so many problems with my S4 and even at that time, it felt overpriced. The UI from Huawei / Honor puts me off too. Agree about the bloatware on all of these.

My last three phones have been Huawei and I’m basically UI obsessed these days so just wondering what it is you don’t like?

2 Likes

I think this is very subjective. Compared to the Nova Launcher interface, it just feels outdated to me. Nova just feels cleaner, smoother and you can adjust pretty much everything to your liking imo.

But I’m glad it works for you. What do you like about it?

Edit: Might have to add that I’ve always been a fan of stock Android. Used to love the Google Nexus devices.

I think there isn’t a huge difference between Huawei UI and others to be honest (I previously had a Nexus) and I’m always suprised at people saying they dislike it. None of them are particularly exciting or anything and all perfectly functional so always just a bit suprised that people are put off by it. :slight_smile:

I have an I phone 8, $107 per month ( so 60 quid) gets me unlimited calls, texts + several hundred international minutes I never use, 30 gig and my fetch mini box that has all the EPL/ CL & Europa League.

I also get a phone for work, but I strictly use that for only work purposes, emails etc, as IT can tap in and check what you’ve been saying at any time.

Holy shit 30 GB data?! Do you watch 4K films on your phone or something :joy:

Hahaha It’s a waste I rarely go over 12 GB or so, sometimes I don’t use my home Wi-fi just so I feel like I’m getting some value out of my phone plan… I’m locked into a 24 month contract.

Unlimited is pretty common here in the Netherlands with Tele2 customers :wink:.

The main version of the Samsung Galaxy S10 is rumoured to cost €899 and the S10+ €999. They are also going to introduce a ‘light’-version for the price of €749. Official announcement of the phones is 20 february. These releaseprices are terrible. Sadly OnePlus has done the same and made their phones more expensive with every new release.

I buy my android phones from Tomtop. Great prices and from the manufactures of the phones you see on the high street. Difference is mine is called a Leegoo and has all the features you get on other androids.

Hi all.

Didn’t know where to put this. There wasnt an existing thread.

Anyway, my samsung s6 looks like it’s gone kaput. The back key has a mind of it’s own and will keep firing itself (to the point where writing a post like this will take an age to write, with me needing to login to OA over and stain again, etc)

2 things. 1) has anyone had this issue before and does anyone know how to fix it? I’ve checked the YouTube videos and ringing *#2663# doesn’t work. Nor does an app called all in one gesture because that app doesnt exist anymore

1. whats the best phone to buy right now? Im thinking android. I wouldn’t mind the s9 but this issue has kinda putt

I have an s8 which has done nicely since I’ve had it (about 2 years) You’ve done well for the s6 to last this long, I wouldn’t doubt Samsung as a brand based on that. That said I’m sure there’s better value for money. I was thinking about a google pixel next.

4 Likes

If it’s any help without my technical prowess of a verdict. I went from a Samsung Galaxy a few years ago, to an iPhone and then missed the Galaxy so much I came back. Now I swear I wouldn’t shift back the other way.

In fact, my work phone is an iPhone so I have both simultaneously and much still do prefer the Galaxy.

1 Like

Murged.

2 Likes

I’m hanging on to my cheapy Huawei as long as possible. Would be hard to buy another Huawei with the uncertainty between them and Google.

I wish one plus would do "lite"versions of their phones.