Skhodran Mustafi

The lack of self awareness to complain about valid criticism

As mentioned by @InvincibleDB10 , top players accept the criticism(whether valid or not) and rise above them, not pour their heart out to a news outlet. If I had doubts before, Iā€™m certain now Mustafiā€™s time at the club is over. Whether in January or in the summer is the only question that remains.

2 Likes

There seems to be a self entitled trend of players thinking theyā€™re above criticism. I think itā€™s due to everyone kissing their arses from the moment they were valuable commodities.

I used to live next door to a cricket player and he expected you to naturally do everything for him while overstepping your own boundaries. He could just be a bit of a prick but I think itā€™s largely everyone sucking up to him because heā€™s a sports star of sorts

Which cricketer haha ?

We abuse the absolute fuck out of BASTARD on here. The difference being that he will never see these posts so it wonā€™t affect him mentally etc.

People who abuse the guy directly on social media, despite it being their right to criticise (up to a point), is another matter.

Donā€™t think many (if any) people on here actually do that, and I can sympathise with the guy for feeling victimised when it becomes extremely personal and offensive. Thereā€™s no way of policing that. So long as there is no racial hatred element / genuine threat-making, itā€™s just part of being a famous person on social media.

I guess the only solution is for him to stop being a complete fucking shithouse cunt BASTARD when he plays for us.

5 Likes

Have to remember though how much more ridicule and abuse players like Adams would have got if heā€™d been playing now. A bit of Backpage ridicule on a weekend and chanting on the terraces is a lot less than you get now.
Fairplay to him because he was a young man and embraced it all but who knows how much of that contributed towards his addiction problems at the time.

Samit Patel, reckons he would of got more international call ups if he stayed in better shape. Funny because every few months youā€™d see him tackle this by jogging slowly up and down the short street outside his house for 5 minutes. Youā€™d thought theyā€™d educate them more about fitness and diet

1 Like

Mustafi still needs to fuck off IMOā€¦hopefully in the January transfer window!

He played quite well again :laughing:

Great through ball for Martinelli too

Probably scores one of those headers too if heā€™d a bit more game time behind him this season.

European CB though. Thatā€™s definitely a niche squad position.

Ngl I thought he was shit again.

Spun around by their forwards for fun I thought.

Iā€™m glad heā€™s having an easier time, but a reminder that he is far away from starting for us in the league for good reason.

Found his level :mustafi:

:ozil:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEffect/status/1191000293221294080

That guy is assuming all dives get booked

10 Likes

Thatā€™s because Liverpoolā€™s dives result in penalties :ozil:

5 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is Mane is indeed a diver.

Exactly.
Kane is the worst, or best, at diving and heā€™s not even on the list.

Yet Zaha is, who I think gets a bit of a hard time. He doesnā€™t dive half as much as people think he does.

1 Like

I think Zaha is one of the worst in terms of getting into the area and trying to win a penalty rather than score. Quite often this results in contact and so a penalty is legitimately given (and itā€™s not a dive). So Iā€™m not saying heā€™s one of the worst divers in the league, but I think he gets the rep because he always seems more interested in using quick feet and skills to be brought down rather than creating a shooting chance or assistā€¦

This is probably in part due to the fact that Palace are so reliant on his goals, and he knows if he passes his teammate probably wonā€™t scoreā€¦

Whatā€™s up with people getting into the area trying to win a penalty? If there are tactical fouls why arenā€™t we talking about tactical foul winning(esp. in the penalty box)?

1 Like