Skhodran Mustafi

Fraudy McFraudface @shamrockgooner

Skodran sounds like scrotum. I feel we are missing an opportunity here.

1 Like

Nah I almost like that.

Not at all. Like I say I’ve made a start.

Some of of the CB’s Wenger bought, after we moved to the Emirates, were useless but 35m for a player that is so poor that we would be better off playing with ten players, was remarkable, even for him.

The only good thing about yet another performance that cost us a goal is that hopefully he won’t be playing for us again.

Emery has done really well to get us into fourth place but he can only do so much when we have a defender that cost us more goals in a season than any opposition player.

With Mustafi now firmly at the top of OA’s Worst Buys Ever list, I think somewhere in Brazil, Andre Santos is pouring himself a glass of wine thinking “Thanks gays. Glad I’m not number one any more.”

6 Likes

He’ll almost certainly start for us in the next match.

Emery has given him tons of chances at both CB and RB. The problem is we have injuries at RB and not a ton of options at CB. If Kos can’t go next week, Mustafi will start.

I think you spelled bellend wrong…

https://twitter.com/chiefafc/status/1101862442316038149

Ffs :arteta:

13 Likes

I hate this bastard

6 Likes

I can’t accept that he could be here next season, but who the fuck would take him?

I think the most likely scenario is that we offer him on loan to another club after making it crystal clear he’s not in the plans.

That being said I think we can all see a scenario where the numbers in the squad and our budget actually require us to keep him around.

There has not been any other Arsenal player that I have wanted to fuck off out of our club so much.

4 Likes

A lot of people felt this way about Coq, but for me, there’s no contest. Mustafi is the poster child for bad recruitment. Over spent on the fee, long term contract, big wages, lousy performances, no shot at improving and no way to recoup money by moving him out.

1 Like

The definition of a nightmare

The scariest nightmares are the ones that are plausible.

CBs at the club:

1. Kos → likely to be sold
  2. Sokratis → projected starter
  3. Mustafi
  4. Dino → untested
  5. Holding → coming back from serious injury
  6. Chambers → likely to be sold

RBs at the club:

1. Hector → coming back from serious injury
  2. Lichtstiener → expiring contract
  3. Mustafi

:gabriel:

1 Like

I think we need to keep Kos for another season at this rate.

2 Likes

We should definitely keep him.

4 Likes

We should definitely try and keep both Kos and Sokratis. Two of our few(if not the only) leaders.

3 Likes

Totally agree. But it might be a mistake to assume he and Sokratis can be the starters every game next season. Investment is obviously required and selling Mustafi ain’t gonna raise those funds.