Skhodran Mustafi

Yeah Moose may come good under a different manager, but he has been shambolic for us far more than he has been good. His propensity for the calamitous is the worst kind of characteristic in a CB too…

To me, he, Xhaka, Laca, and maybe Chambers and Kola look increasingly like busts. Maybe they’ll new better with proper management, but none of them look anywhere close to WC potential regardless.

The problem with Mustafi as I see it is that he is a talented player who needs to be coached. Imagine if he was diving in off his feet shambolically for someone like Mourinho, he’d get a bollocking straight away and would be off the pitch if he did it again.

Wenger SAYS NOTHING to these players when they make mistakes, and Bould probably isn’t allowed to sort it out. Players don’t always have the brains and they need guidance, and we don’t surround them with people who will give it to them. It’s just painful to watch.

https://twitter.com/YankeeGunner/status/985610448505659393

Another one from Paolo Musdini

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/986185228535377920?s=19

https://twitter.com/aliladiere/status/986186719476305920?s=19

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Well, you did have high hopes on them…

Didn’t think wc, but the distance is too far. And we need to strike gold every few.

The talent were there, but we just let them slipped away…
look at the “almost signed” list… you will know.

1 Like

There’s a big gap between world class and bust but Xhaka and Mustafi certainly look like flops right now

What is his problem? He looks so shit everytime he plays. Completely clueless tactically.

You’ve neatly summarised the issue there: he is indeed shit and therein lies the problem

1 Like

Would like to see him under a new manager as when he is good he is very good

2 Likes

I don’t think he is to be honest. Some of the mistakes he makes are just plain bad defending and nothing to do with system or manager.

That’s always been my opinion of him though.

4 Likes

I agree some of the mistakes he makes i am unsure even an amateur defender would make. Like when he sat there and ball watched and saw a ball come across and just left it for cech to gather when he was right next to it and cech was on his line…then proceeds to argue with cech over it. Some of what he does you literally shout at the TV WHY.? WTF ARE YOU DOING MAN!! With some of his decisions i literally would like to see what is going on in his head when he makes them. In all honesty i think it would be a cloud of absolutely nothing because when he does some of the shit he is getting renowned for, the expression on his face makes me think he has forgotten what he is on the pitch for.

1 Like

The problem with Mustafi is that he is not a natural defender IMO. His mentality is not of someone who is constantly thinking “What could go wrong here? Am I in the right position?”, instead, it’s more like “Shit!! I need to stop this move now or we are in trouble. Jump in!!”. Technically, there is not a lot wrong with him. But what good is technique if as a defender, you just don’t have the instincts of sensing danger and preempting it. Bottomline, he might improve under better coaching, but there will always be a risk of him making a mistake, a mistake that might cost us dearly.

4 Likes

Yeah, I agree, I still think he will be good under a good manager. Lapses in concentration might not be totally fixable and it might stop him from being a top top defender but then again tbh Kos had lapses in concentration and for a few years there he was undoubtedly world class.

1 Like

Comical once again.

He can leave. Clown show again

1 Like

Tbf that wasn’t his fault.

cunt.

1 Like

He should cover Kos, simple defending