Skhodran Mustafi

He looks happy again after failed to leave.

Honestly, can we leave this guy in Belarus? He was getting done by factory workers! Manā€™s a liability.

Whatā€™s Pascal Cygan doing these days?

1 Like

Lol what they arenā€™t some part time non league team :neutral_face:

Theyā€™ve won the league in Belarus the last 11 seasons

How could we get it so wrong with him?? Ā£35m for him?!

Weā€™d have been better off getting Simon KjƦr instead of letting him go to Sevilla.

13 Likes

Yeah it was a joke Calum. Iā€™m fully aware of who they are and their history. But thanks anyway :grinning:

Regardless of who they are it doesnā€™t change the fact that Mustafi just isnā€™t doing the business.

2 Likes

What a surprise, another decent defender made to look like a fool.

He really should be developing his art of defending but like everyone else is regressing.

2 Likes

Shocking performance by him and what got me even more was the lack of effort he put in to recover some of the situations after he had made a mess of it. The number of times he got beat would have made you think he was playing against Hazard or Bale or someone of that calibre.

Just hope his crap performance was only down to the fact we played BATE and so he didnā€™t bother. He has been good so far.

Yeh i think he underestimated them.

Think heā€™s been very poor this season. Whether we should even be playing him after this summerā€™s turn of events is questionable. Itā€™s almost as if weā€™re playing him because we paid a substantial sum for him. Calum Chambers is waiting for his chance and weā€™re playing a chap who could potentially be off next summer anyway.

I donā€™t think Mustafi has regressed. He was never a top quality defender to begin with. I never really wanted this signing.

Honestly at this point Evans would have been the better signing. That isnā€™t even hindsight because I was one of those being gocal about how average I thought he was.

1 Like

Heā€™s not been shockingly bad during his time here IMo

Far from perfect but he had plenty of extended periods last season where he was more than compitant for us

I canā€™t decide if he is a good defender or not.

1 Like

I canā€™t decide if he is a defender or not

I donā€™t feel itā€™s fair to blast defenders (anymore) for as long as they have to play in the system of Wenger. They still have the high line/one-v-one situations to deal with. Most defenders are going to be mistake prone in such a set up. Even Koscielny has his missteps.

4 Likes

Probably true to be fair. Tim Stillman said something similar. He was referring to Monreal but the overall point still stands

https://twitter.com/Stillberto/status/912631788744462337

1 Like

And Monreal shares certain qualities with Koscielny; pace and mobility with which they can recover bad positioning etc.

No one but sol Campbell himself turned himself into a blubbering wreck what he fuck is he talking about?

Is Tim Stillman really trying to say sol Campbellā€™s demise was due to our style of play and not him having a mental breakdown because his lover Quincy Awoso had been sold?

Also William gallas problems were due to him being a prick and kolo toure refusing to play with him and less to do with our style of play

Stillmans theory is more believable than yours.

1 Like