Serie A

Lol that curse is based on an arbitrary number and time frame. These football Twitter folk will do anything to create some fake milestone.

Nicky Bandini is a serious journalist.

Oh my mistake! I forgot journalists can’t make bad takes or create arbitrary criteria to deliver fake milestones.

You won’t ever convince me that Giroud isn’t a legend. I don’t know why you bother trying to be honest.

Where’s @Gio to celebrate this momentous occasion

1 Like

Hahaha what the hell is that ? Lol.

At first I was thinking has no Milan player scored 10 goals in 13 seasons. Then I realised it It is just some irrelevant tweet about a number :joy:.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what it is. Just get the Giroud tattoo already

1 Like

James Horncastle

2 Likes

sooooooo gazidis moves to ac milan everyone calling him a bald fraud but look what milan has managed to do with a so called bald fraud. He may not be the best but seems at least semi-competent. Does it mean that the fraud was actually wenger :pires2: and everyone else took the fall.

Lets face it the end decisions always landed with him and the board kept saying there is money and a lot and we should spend and look what he did. Seems to me that it was wenger mostly that has screwed this club up and loaded us up with crap on expensive wages and set us back years.

1 Like

It’s beyond obvious at this stage that Gazidis wanted to change the structure at Arsenal and that Wenger was resistant to that change.

Gazidis arrived at an unstable club and has overseen change from top to bottom and they’ve now got a very good young squad that’s won the league with mid 80 points.

5 Likes

Or is it possible Arsenal was his trial and error phase, with more pressure to achieve due to what had come before him???

1 Like

Nope. He was clearly involved in a power struggle with the almighty Wenger.

1 Like

Wow it’s incredible how that is your conclusion, without even thinking that he may have made mistakes on the way and fixed that at Milan?

1 Like

How much of Milan’s success is down to him?

His parting gift to Arsenal was Raul, Sven and Vinai…

1 Like

He hired competent people to do their job which is why they are where they are. Gazidis was not the issue at Arsenal that people made him out to be

So had success by pure luck this session and all the issues at Arsenal that he had a hand just disappeared

Wenger fought tooth and nail against bringing in a director of football that would challenge his power over recruitment. I think that probably both delayed our ability to hire a sporting director and narrowed the options, as nobody very good would want to walk into this situation where the remit was uncertain and the legendary manager didn’t want them around.

All the same, I don’t think we can hold Gazidis blameless for the fact that the people who were brought in eventually were Sven and Fat Raul, neither of whom really had the qualifications or ability to lead the club forward. Those probably weren’t his first choices, but he clearly did sign off on hiring them.

Not true about Sven…

IMO, if Sven really had what it takes to be the sporting director at a big club, he wouldn’t be currently working for a relegation battling Bundesliga side.

It is hard to know how much credit to give him for his time as a scout at BvB when you have people like Zorc and Klopp also in the frame. But nobody else seems eager to hire him for a big job.

He hired Raul to do a totally different job to the one he ended up doing and same goes for Vinai. He was hired for commercial reasons and never football ones

I think ultimately we never got to see Gazidis with full control and being able to do his job properly. So it’s hard for me to accept that he deserves blame when he was never really able to do his job

2 Likes